1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Guy Turns Dead Father In For Murder

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/09/california.body.found/index.html?hpt=C1

Interesting story. Guy waits until his father is dead before blowing the whistle. I can understand being a child and not turning your father in, but once you hit adulthood shouldn't something click?
  2. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,588 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Isn't he on the hook for aiding and abetting?
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,741 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Dad sounds like a real scumbag.
    I have to wonder what kind of life the 3rd is living.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I guess they're are going to say he was forced to do it by his father but at some point along the 18 years afterword while his dad was alive you assume responsibility for not turning him in.

I think so anyway.
  5. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

26,797 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    From the reports I've read, it seems as if his father was a deranged meth user. Perhaps he terrorized and traumatized his son so badly that it took a significant psychological toll on him.

If he feared that his father could do the same thing to him as he did to those women, it could help explain why he never approached the authorities about his father's crimes. And if it shook him that badly, it could also explain why he didn't do the same for four years after his father died.

Granted, that's a stretch. However, it should motivate his son and others around him to make damn sure he gets all the professional guidance deemed necessary if true. The last thing anyone needs is for his son to somehow become as unhinged as his father simply because he didn't receive the right kind of help.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone else he wants to turn in who's also dead?