Happily Married?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by jwooten15, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kimrose

kimrose Well-Known Member

2,146 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    I absolutely love this! LOL. You made my night, Silver. Thank you for this hilarious post. I will remember these words through all of the vampire and the witch books that I read from now on. Nothing beats the real in the fantasy.:laugh:

Trouty and Silver Surfer like this.
  2. kimrose

2,146 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    Thank you, Haley, my dear friend. Thanks everyone, for your kind words. I was a little embarrassed to post it, but did it anyway. lol. This is a guy's thread, but I heard so much about bad relationships and bad women, so just wanted to give a good story from a girl's side. I am glad to see the positive stuff though, all the relationships and marriages that have lasted and folks that are happy with each other. Word to the wise, there aint no such thing as Perfect. That is a lie. But Love is real, and if there is that, then nothing else matters and everything can be fought through and worked out. :)

3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,522 Messages
    19,408 Likes Received
    I've know of alot of great marriages.

I think the OP is asking about first time around and the true "forever" thing. As in 1st time married and 10-20 years later (or more)..after actual marriage...you are still thrilled.
    I've seen it, it definitely happens!
    But I think a few of the replies here are some on their 2nd or 3rd try. Thats great, but not a big thumbs up for his situation.

Almost everyone is thrilled after just a couple of years....hopefully anyway.:muttley:

4. kimrose

2,146 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    I though this song might fit appropriately for the OP. A deal that a man makes with the woman he loves. Very cute lyrics. :)

jwooten15, Trouty and haleyrules like this.
  5. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

1,739 Messages
    3,273 Likes Received
    Here's another deal I've always liked:

jwooten15 and Trouty like this.
  6. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

14,861 Messages
    11,021 Likes Received
    This is a discussion thread so please keep the music videos out of this thread. There is a thread for music already in the Off-topic Zone that several users post in!

The Fonz likes this.
  7. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod Saved Zone Supporter

890 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with marrying your childhood "imaginary" friend. [​IMG]

8. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,921 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Not at all for sure..I see your imaginary friend indeed has a good smile:)

haleyrules and Trouty like this.
  9. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,921 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Next you will see music in game thread:D

haleyrules, Trouty and Reality like this.
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,446 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    Married for 3 years and so far so good I'm happy

jwooten15, Ranching and Trouty like this.
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

6,039 Messages
    2,239 Likes Received
    Very happily married, 9 years running. I was blessed to find a well educated, hard working woman that let's me be a man.

jwooten15, kimrose and Ranching like this.
  12. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

10,701 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    Marriage is great as long as you don't try to run her life....and you don't try to run your own life!:).

DFWJC, jwooten15, Corso and 2 others like this.
  13. Slammed0

Slammed0 Well-Known Member

1,054 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    I've been married 7 years and we have been together for 12 years. We have a great marriage. I think the secrets to our success has been patience, friendship, and space. We didn't rush into marriage. I've see SO many people get that newness feel with a girl and want to rush right into it. Usually fails. Take your time people. Also, yes we are lovers, but we also maintain a great friendship, if that makes sense. Finally, I think space is good. My wife has always given me space to go out with the boys, watch football, go do dumb guy stuff. I do the same for her. Its been a great road so far and she puts up with me. :)

14. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

5,357 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    My wife and I have been together for 5 and a half years. We are more crazy about each other now than we were before. I cannot believe it.

haleyrules, kimrose and jwooten15 like this.
  15. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

5,357 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    Ha ha ha! Love Bukowski. ******, I got it all wrong! My wife's family is dirt poor, she's not a lawyer and, well, I used to work at a liquor store years ago... So there's that.

haleyrules likes this.
  16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,938 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    Give it 5 more years :laugh:

Just kidding, well kind of :grin:

Corso likes this.
  17. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

5,357 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    I know, I know... I'm hoping for the best lol. Hey- the 1st marriage lasted 6 months, so I'm improving on this marriage thing.

dexternjack likes this.
  18. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,494 Messages
    3,406 Likes Received
    That's so great to hear, man! Did you know pretty early on that she was the one??

19. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,494 Messages
    3,406 Likes Received
    Love that song. I actually met Neal about 6 months ago at the gym. Pretty ironic you posted that haha. Thank you!

kimrose likes this.
  20. kimrose

2,146 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    It is so cool you got to meet him. You are so lucky! He always seemed like such a warm and genuine person. The kind of celebrity you would actually be happy to meet. Thanks for sharing that, Jwooten. :)

jwooten15 likes this.