1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Harvey Unga works out for pro scouts before NFL supplemental draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 12, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    BYU football: Harvey Unga works out for pro scouts before NFL supplemental draftBy Dick Harmon
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700046566/Unga-works-out-for-pro-scouts.html
    Deseret News

Published: Thursday, July 8, 2010 1:30 p.m. MDT
    44 comments E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + - PROVO — Harvey Unga, BYU's all-time leading rusher, will absolutely be drafted in next week's NFL supplemental draft, according to his agent, Eric Metz, who made the prediction to reporters at Unga's pro day workout Thursday on campus.

Unga ran a 4.63 handheld 40-yard dash on artificial turf before 20 NFL scouts. He lifted 225 pounds 19 times, had a standing vertical jump of 35 inches and a 9-foot-6 inch standing broad jump. His vertical and broad jump were personal bests, according to his personal trainer, Dave Stroshine. His 19 reps equaled a personal best.

"He has met with several NFL general managers. There were 20 NFL teams represented here in person today and six more called and inquired details," said Metz. "I think he will be drafted next week. It's not a matter of when, but which team and how good of a fit he'll be in their system."

Unga weighed in at 244 pounds before undergoing a series of drills before the scouts.

"I just wanted to come out and do my best and let the chips fall where they may," said Unga, who withdrew from BYU this past spring for violating the school's honor code. BYU officials since denied him the opportunity to play his senior season for the Cougars because of the infraction.