1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has a team ever played with zero penalties?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ajk23az, Dec 16, 2012.

1. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,333 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I agree!, who ever seen a team with zero penalties?
  2. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,385 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    With a straight face? Impossible.

There were plenty of callable holds on the Steelers. Plenty.
  3. RafaelG

RafaelG Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    'Stealers' are SCUM! They have gotten away with preferential treatment forever! The Looney(Rooney Rules). From the 'Immaculate Deception' to SB X where during the season they were the most penalized team in the league then somehow they don't get ANY penalties called against them! Not to mention their whole O-line was pumped upon steroids! For those who are skeptical, recall this season Jason Tuck stating that...they('Stealers') "get away with murder"! They SUCK!!
  4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    This didn't surprise me one bit with the Steelers. It is how they won their Super Bowl against the Seahawks. Help from the refs.

But not even one hold the entire game? Please. I saw about 3 blatant ones that were overlooked.
  5. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I wish we could all say that the officials are 100% unbiased, 100% honest, and 100% fair, but that will never happen. They hold the power to turn the fortunes of a game upside down. It's the no calls that they can get away with. We can question the calls made and decide if it was a proper call, but we have no control over the no calls. It is this that sometimes makes the game unfair. We just have to live with it.

And I am in no way whining about the officiating in Cowboys games, because I see blown calls every week in every game for every team. There are a handful of teams that benefit from no calls or poor calls weekly. Funny how one team seems to get penalized for every infraction they commit while the other commits the same penalties but they are ignored. Life isn't always fair.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,938 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    Has a team ever played a game without getting any penalties called? Yes.

Has a team ever played a game without committing a penalty? No. There is holding on every play.
  7. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Member

733 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I was at the game, and I didn't even realize that. I was screaming about several holds on Ware and Spencer that were right in front of the refs.

I was glad to see that we didn't have that many penalties, except on one particular drive.
  8. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    On the long run by Redman, Spencer was held like crazy.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,181 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    the steelers O linemen tackled better then McCray
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,393 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    To be fair, Pitt was called for one penalty. It was just off-set though :)
  11. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,292 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Good memory ! LOL!

But aside from some regular missed holding calls the standard ref bias for Pitts was there , IMO. Intentional grounding on ben should have been called , some of our DL were tackled a couple of times to Bens feet so he could move and still find someone, Witten was hit after he went to ground not once but twice, the second one was head contact.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,084 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    yeah like the one where Ware was nailed for roughing the passer
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Because Harris was talking **** to their kicker after a missed field goal, then Harris got up and cried to the ref. That play changed everything and I'm still pissed at Harris about it.