1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has Julius Jones shown enough ...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WV Cowboy, Dec 4, 2005.

1. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,131 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    Has Julius Jones shown enough since coming back to get 23 carries and 9 receptions ?

That is 32 touches !!

Barber needs to get more than 2 touches.
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's the O-line, not JJ.

Although JJ does look a hair slower since returning from injury.
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    It all starts with the front seven. With that line what could we expect?
  4. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,968 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Not the RB I thought he would be...missed far too many games.

Then again, the other RB's in his class are exactly world beaters either.
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like JJ's speed and his gamebreaking ability. Only one thing I wish he'd do better is be a little more patient before he commits to a hole. There were a few instances where if he'd have been more patient, he could have broken to the outside.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,131 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    I did not post his totals.

I am not saying he did not perform well.

I saw the O-line play, and I have been suggesting that is our main problem on this team.

I am saying, .. has JJ shown enough to merit 32 touches and Barber get 2 ??

My answer is no.

He should get mayber 60%, and Barber 40%, or something close to that.
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    I'm not a RB by committee guy. I like one back most of the game. I do think in todays game i would rather have seen Barber. he hits back when tackled.
  8. NJCowboy

NJCowboy Benched

119 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Enough? Dude he owes us - I want 40 touches v.s. KC...
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I'm with you, WV. It's not that Julius is horrible, it's that Barber produces almost every time he gets a chance. Is it the best thing for the team for Julius to get the vast majority of the snaps? Not IMO.
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This running into the gut time after time after time after timr for 1-2 yards is killing this offense....
  11. NJCowboy

NJCowboy Benched

119 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I Don't understand it!!!! Running behind who!!! WHO!!! It's idiotic!! how about pitching it wide ...use JJ's speed Go Screen over the friggin middle! Get Creative! FFS!! :bang2: We hired an __hole Coordinator - I long for the days of Norv and his deep shots down field.
  12. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,530 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I had no problems with JJ's play today (74 yds rushing, 88 yds recieving). He looks like he's getting close to 100%.

I would have liked to see Barber get a few more touches though too. I'm content with the combination of Jones/Barber going forward.
  13. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,026 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I really think JJ is a good RB. O-line is the problem imo.
  14. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not all JJs fault. At the same time, I don't think Julius is the back we all thought he'd be afer the lsat 8 games last year. I think he can be a heck of a back when splitting time with a back like Barber. I hope I'm dead wrong. I doubt it tho.

FIX THE LINE. Until that happens we aren't going far.
  15. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't it sickening? Runs from our offense are drive killers. We are way too predictable too. We need to get creative. Come out next game 5 wide and no huddle. Dink and dunk down the field until the defense stops stacking the box.
  16. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,514 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Julius is looking a bit better every week but probably won't be back to 100% before the start of next year.

I think the claims of him bulking up too much don't make much sense to me. He apparently weighed 212 pounds at the start of camp and has weighed 207 lbs for most of the season. From what I recall he was 217 lbs at the combine in 2004 when he ran the 4.38 and had the fastest 10-yard split. I think he may have been hurt all-year and hid at ala TNew - just a guess.
  17. kdog

kdog Member

155 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are a combination of things at play here. Last year jj hit holes and juked left and right.He ran like he did at notre dame. BP has completely revamped his running style. he has this kid on edge at all times. All the great backs ran with their head up looking for the chance to break one. jj has been told to run with both hands on the ball and to stay in the space designed for parcells play calling. MBIII actually jukes left and right and does look for the opening.

Defenses are using 8 or 9 men in the box there is no way our line can defend against that many. I'm not saying that we don't have problems we do! However parcells continues to run his 80's style giants offense. and it is killing our offensive production. Please use more playaction to keep defense honest , if we burn them eith 8 or 9 men in the box they will stop stacking the line.
  18. scotth66

scotth66 New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow: :hammer: :hammer:
  19. el_chevo

el_chevo El Serrano

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This seems like the opportune time to bring up a solid point that others have touched upon. Julius Jones does not have the line blocking for him that others in the NFL have on their teams. He is a good back in my opinion, and any back in the league would struggle with our line. Please, we are starting two unproven tackles. Where do you run? Up the middle into the teeth of any defense or to the outside where you will surely get plowed by an ublocked defender?
  20. NorTex

NorTex Member

993 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I think that maybe Barber had a mental error, that's why he didn't play as much.

I know I thought he blew it when he just stood there waiting for a screen, instead of moving to the open spot, where Bledsoe threw the ball.