News: Hatcher waiting to hear where he’ll play in Cowboys’ new 4-3

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,720 Messages
    14,377 Likes Received
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2013, 9:41 PM EST

“[Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin] still doesn’t know where I’m going to play yet,” Hatcher told KESN-FM on Friday, via the Dallas Morning News. “I don’t know if I’m going to be the Warren Sapp in his 4-3 defense or not. He does have high hopes for me. I’m going to be a big part of this defense, so I’m excited about this role I’ll have in this upcoming season. I’m going to embrace it and be the best I can be.”

“It’s just some different technique stuff that we got to work out, get our footwork back, get used to getting off the ball, getting up-field, instead of reading somebody,” Hatcher said. “We can attack more now, so it won’t be much different. I’m looking forward to it. That’s the way I played in college, just get up field and attack people. I think that’s something I’ll benefit well from.”

Hatcher said he was was “shocked” by the decision to fire Rob Ryan, but Hatcher regards Kiffin as an “NFL legend.”

More: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...g-to-hear-where-hell-play-in-cowboys-new-4-3/
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

14,738 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    Hatcher was our Best D-lineman last season