1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Heard something interesting Cowboys related...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheSport78, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Alright, so I have a friend who is a position coach for a D1 college football team that is located "down south," and he keeps on hearing this little Cowboys nugget from coaches at his university and from others:

LSU head coach Les Miles will be/is heavily pushing for the Dallas head coaching position obviously IF Garrett doesn't keep his job after the 2013 season. Apparently Miles wants to be in Dallas badly. Take it for what it's worth...
    tantrix1969 and Nexx like this.
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,815 Messages
    2,907 Likes Received
    Would not surprise me in the least if it is true.
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,577 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Kind of a weird time of the football year to be doing that.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,690 Messages
    3,637 Likes Received
    One of Jerry's good ole boys.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,156 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    More reason to cheer for Garrett to succeed.
  7. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,927 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    So he wants to become a jerry puppet, I doubt Jerry will pay him the $$$ he will think he deserves.
  8. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,478 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I'm not a huge fan but I rather Garrett succeed then lose AGAIN and bring in miles
  9. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I personally hope this is not true, as it would mean we experienced another disappointing season.

Garrett is going to win the Super Bowl this year and everyone will be happy and say Les who??
  10. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    The only college coach I would be interested in is Saban...maybe Sumlin, but as an Aggie fan that would devastate me, haha.
    vegas777 and tantrix1969 like this.
  11. Spectre007

Spectre007 New Member

18 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hope its not true
  12. Tex

Tex Active Member

554 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If we do get rid of Garret I hope to gawd we get an experienced NFL coach not a college coach. Way to many growing pains.

I would rather have Chuckie for christ sakes then a college coach and I am not in love with Chuckie by any means.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,211 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I know some Oklahoma State fans that wouldn't like that scenario. Not that he's a bad coach obviously, but that they feel like he's a betrayer.
  14. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If im Sabin ... JJ has to back up the money truck to get me outta Bama. Like 10+ million a year.
  15. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    agreed sumlin would be a very legit hire. but on the topic of Les... what's wrong with him...? hes a winning college football coach in the SEC?
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,693 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    Id be more surprised if there was a college coach that didnt want to be coach of the Cowboys.
    pancakeman and Erik_H like this.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,690 Messages
    3,637 Likes Received
    IDK I guess Garrett has somehow accomplished more than this?
  18. Go4Two

Go4Two New Member

25 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Sumlin would be my favorite if at some point we have to replace Garrett. Anyone who can keep the Houston Cougars in the polls has to be a tremendous coach :)

I would prefer to stay away from Les Miles simply due to an uneasy feeling about him being the "Mad Hatter" which links him in my mind to Barry Switzer.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,530 Messages
    2,095 Likes Received
    Exactly. Except for maybe a Saban who owns the state and has the best program, almost every college coach would love this job.

But some in this thread seem to have missed that it didn't say anything about Jerry hiring him. It only said Miles would like to come here. Which isn't surprising since he worked here in the past.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,088 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    I hope Garrett can win and keeps the job as for Les Miles, I have nothing aginst him he is a very good HC and if it came about I would gladly welcome him to Dallas. I just hope it does not come to that