1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Help Me Out

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AJM1613, Apr 28, 2004.

1. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    noooooo... I really don't think so.
  2. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,117 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Flozell pancakes kearse, newman shuts down TO, and werever you put andrews, he will get ran over...
  3. Lord Sun

Lord Sun New Member

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, um, your whole "point" is that you had some players you thought would be good, but they were crap, and last year you thought your team would be crap, but it turned out you weren't right until your annual championship game meltdown, but somehow you come on here acting as if you know who's going to be good and who's not? So if your DB's do a disappearing act, like Pinkston, will you come over here and eat crow? If our DB (whom none of us have lauded to high heaven, Lord knows) performs consistently, will you shut the heck up? I doubt it, cuz you seem to like reading your own typing.
  4. Lord Sun

Lord Sun New Member

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SPELT is valid. Other than that, dude definitely needs a spell-check.
  5. Lord Sun

Lord Sun New Member

573 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know, Bill probably liked Roy Williams II as well, and Eli Manning, when it comes down to it, but clearly not so much that he felt we had to reach for them, or Andrews. Had Andrews fallen to us, we might have taken him, or we might have done exactly what we ended up doing, trading down and taking the running back we wanted - not coveted, or drooled over, like you and Fat Bastid obviously did with Andrews.
  6. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That quote shows a serious lack of character on your part. Eric was posting as Cowboys fan during the Cowboys 5-11 years. Also, no one remembers the Eagles superbo.....er championships because most of us were not alive in the 1940's.
  7. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw plenty of Cowboys jerseys here in Atlanta even when the Cowboys were not doing well. So much for that theory.
  8. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Has Lito Sheppard or Jerome McDougle lived up to their first round status?
  9. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lito, yes. McDougle...he was hurt all last year.
  10. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What has Lito Sheppard done to live up to his first round status? Was it his one interception or the times he got burnt or the safety help he needed. Despite the success your team had getting to the opposing quarterback, your pass defense stunk.
  11. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watch and see. This was an unfair question. You need 3 years to judge draft picks, BTW Lito doesn't get beat, he gets out jumped.
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,736 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    maybe i'm a little hazy on this one but didn't philadelphia really only hit their stride once vincent, taylor and dawkins were all healthy and on the field - about midway through the season? i think the eagles will miss vincent and taylor more than they realize.
  13. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,736 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    considering they haven't played a regularseason down in this league - we ain't too familiar with 'em either. but al johnson woulda been the starter last year if he hadn't blown the knee. parcells indicated he was impressed with the guy. jacob rogers played LT in college and was a standout on a very good unit on a very good team. RT should be a much easier transition for him. we'll know soon enough. i can't see the position being any more of a disaster than it was last year.
    i just hope gurode fights his way back. his sophomore season was a real disappointment. i don't think the team can count on larry allen. i was one of his staunchest supporters entering last season and he made a liar out of me. half the time he was blocking air. it's the first time i've been miffed at a cowboy being selected to the probowl. he may well be gone when the season opens.
  14. AJM1613

AJM1613 New Member

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Noooo....We hit stride before that. As soon as Taylor came back, Vincent left the next week. We still have Dawkins, who we didn't have most of last season. Imagine not having Roy Williams for 9 games, then times that effect by 2. That would give you the same effect of losing Dawkins for 9 games.