1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Help Sell Me On Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheFinisher, Oct 10, 2012.

1. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,431 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    To the OP. I think you have to formulate your own opinion on Garrett. You said you never believed in him. Thats a pretty strong statement. Obviously, there are reasons for your belief, or should I say disbelief.

Your opinion of Garrett will not change until those reasons have been removed. One can give you a thousand reasons why you should believe in Garrett as head coach and they might or might not remove the reasons why you think you shouldn't. I think the only thing that will change your opinion of Garrett is results. Results that you perceive are positive. Not what "experts" think of his potential. Not words from me or any other fan. Results. :)
  2. GiveDezdaBall88

GiveDezdaBall88 Active Member

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Fire JG!! Let's get an actual coach, not 2 much to ask is it?
  3. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Mostly all our best players were when Bill Parcells was the coach, JG ices our own kicker and shows no emotion on the sideline. I've had enough
  4. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Good advice Jason....er... I mean rocboy

5. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

835 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    Hey, you would be a great Eagles fan...
  6. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    JG is horrible with in game adjustments as well, he needs to go!!
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,750 Messages
    671 Likes Received
    :shush:
  8. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
  9. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,832 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    I've never seen a coach so careless and lackadaisical.

It's so easy to dislike him, when he shows no emotion ever. Not even disgust when they play like garbage. He just rolls over and takes it.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. Lets hire a guy like Jeff Fisher who hasn't won a Super Bowl.

He's the answer to all our problems. He will magically make our talentless bums on the offensive line and make them talented. He will magically make our receivers smart. He will magically make our pass rushers more consistently, and he will magically make Jerry into a good GM.

Please do it Jerry!
  11. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,832 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    dont think he said that. but what has garrett done besides provide a mediocre/bad offense the past 4 years?
  12. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    What empirical data do you have that would want me to keep JG as a coach?
  13. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,431 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I was always told football is a game of emotion (controlled emotion). I buy into that 100%. Just ask the Colts. Jason's emotionless state on the sidelines and in press conferences do make it appear as though he is univolved or just doesn't care.

I think Jason is very passionate about the game and his team, although we don't get to see that side of him. It would be nice to see at least once, though.
  14. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I have one, we have the worst offense in football.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm sure hiring a new coach will make our crappy offensive line compatent.
  16. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Bill Parcells turned our team from a complete joke to one of the best in the NFL, by the way if you're going to use big words make sure you know how to spell them correctly.
  17. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,927 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    I like his overall demeanor, particularly during press conferences. He doesn't allow the Dallas media to rattle his cage. He keeps them in check. And I think that it is very important for the Dallas Head Coach to have that type of ability. It may seem like a relatively small thing, but in this market I believe it is extremely important. I'm sure the players listen/watch these conferences and watching there coach fall apart under the media scrutiny probably detracts from how much they buy in to his system.

Jason Garrett is smart and he is a true student of the game. Personally, I question his playcalling, but I do so knowing full well that my credibility is a joke in comparison to his. He has years of experience in this game and has experienced success with his offenses, though, how much of that is due to Romo's ability to make things happen well after the original play is dead, is debatable. But I digress, because I'm really trying to keep it positive.

If you are really looking for some tangible reason to buy in, I think it is important that you familiarize yourself with the Cowboys beginnings under coach Tom Landry. His first 6 years as coach, I believe, was a complete disaster. Of course, he was handed the keys to a Pinto, while Jason was handed a Cadilac on donuts, if that makes sense, but my point is, I think the Cowboys fan base needs to be a bit more patient.

Dependent on the state of the team when a new Head Coach takes over, it could take several years before a fanbase sees the Head Coaches impact on a team. Granted, there have been some recent cases of bad teams all of sudden blowing up. What you have to keep in mind is that alot of these teams are a player away from being competitive and if they have been bad for a long time, chances are they have had quite a few high draft picks over the last few years. Furthermore, regardless of where the Cowboys 1st pick has been, the Cowboys have had quite a few bust. The trouble with the Cowboys is over the last several years they have been at least 8 and 8 or better, which means they very rarely get that top tier game changing player in the 1st round. My point is, you cannot use other team's as your measuring stick, because each case is completely different.

I've said this quite a bit on this site, but I'll say it again, regardless of who coaches the Cowboys, they are still a few key players on the OL, DL, and Safety away from being Super Bowl ready. That is the reality. If you want to place your hope in this team getting hot at the right time and making it happen this year, that is your perogative and I say more power to you...just don't expect much company.
  18. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan knew that you can challenge when a ball is deflected on PI, JG has no clue.
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,288 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received

Was this the 10-6 year with the team already there?

or one the 6-10 or 9-7 years?
  20. GiveDezdaBall88

367 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    What are you talking about man? I've never met some 1 who didn't acknowledge that Bill Parcells completely turned around our team, I don't even want to waste my time arguing with you if you don't think this is true.