1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Here's what frustrates me.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EMMITTnROY, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,162 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    I would say that 2 of the 3 starters on offense are playing better than most rookies. You put them along with Smith, Witten, Romo, Dez, Austin, Waters and Free, I would say we have more talent than most teams. Poor play calling, execution and coaching is what is lacking.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,645 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Actually, we might be saying the same thing lol I'd say our talent is somewhere around 10-12

We just have a different definition of "not that talented"
  3. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Yes, however we have few different makers. Guys like Claiborne and Smith who were picked in the top ten of their respective draft should be impact players. Smith is not a total waste, however he's not somebody like say JJ Watt who can take over a game and dominate. Actually the opposite happened yesterday as his blunder costs us the game.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,645 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    How the heck is a LT supposed to take over a game like JJ Watt?
  5. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    then we picked him too high.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,645 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    What? What is a LT, or any OLineman, supposed to do to dominate a game? Are you saying that no OL should ever be drafted in the top 10? Its not like he went #1 overall.
    BIGDen likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Our talent is overrated but the talent we DO have is better than .500. Our coaching flat out sucks - all of it except RM.
  8. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Sure we do, how many teams out there have more talent than us?

It has always been about coaching and leadership
  9. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    My point is that we don't have impact players and when we had the chance to pick one we whiffed. Our impact player on defense is Ware and he's ageing fast. On offense our impact player is Bryant. The point of the thread was how much talent we have and I say no to that. We're a mediocre team with a mediocre less than average talent base. Claiborne was supposed to be an impact player and he's hardly a player at this point. Smith is a nice offensive lineman but so was Flozzel Adams. And impact offensive lineman would be somebody like Larry Allen. Somebody you can build your team around. Smith is not a total waste, he might eventually become all pro. Yesterday he cost us the game.
  10. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

625 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    I too am surprised at how competitive we are given all the injuries we have had. Especially on the D side.