1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hernandez v Brent

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zack, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    LOL. I can't believe you'd think they wanted to release him weeks ago. Why would they want to do that?
  2. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,983 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    If this had been the Cowboys .... :D

/reality
    cajuncocoa and dez_for_prez like this.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,822 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Oh I know, would have been a way bigger story.

Personally, I think it is atrocious to cut someone just for an arrest but that is the Patriot way I guess.
  4. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,047 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    So to have fun at a party I have to get loaded and then drive home? Gotcha.
  5. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    Yup, that's exactly what I said. Great reading prowess.
  6. Reality

11,983 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    You don't make a huge decision like this in a day. This investigation has been going on for a while now and the fact they had the paperwork ready to go, had an official statement prepared and processed all of it the moment he was released makes it rather obvious.

/reality
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,822 Messages
    479 Likes Received

easiest way to pick up chicks at the party is to get loaded
  8. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,441 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    I know it's been brought up already and it by no means diminishes what happened. But Jerry Brown got in that car of his own freewill, arguably knowing the circumstances of what had gone on that night and the probable condition his friend was in.

I wonder what the public opinion would be, if Brown had let his friend drive off that night alone, knowing all this, and Brent had wrecked his car, been killed or injured, or even worse, killed/injured others on that hwy?

In a very real way, as unpopular as this may be, Jerry Brown is as culpable for what happened that night, as if he had been behind the wheel.
    skinsscalper likes this.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,655 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    You implied it.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,620 Messages
    8,851 Likes Received
    Article in the NFL Zone thread said that the Pats had decided they would release him last week if there was an arrest related to the investigation.

Maybe that's what Reality is alluding to.
  11. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,459 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Intentional acts and reckless acts are treated very differently by the legal system. So why shouldn't teams treat them differently as well? People who are trying to compare Brent to Hernandez have an agenda
    Erik_H, Wheeltax and cajuncocoa like this.
  12. Reality

11,983 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    Exactly which implies they knew about this well before it and had discussed it and decided on it leading up to that point.

/reality
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,620 Messages
    8,851 Likes Received
    The article stressed that the Pats didn't have anymore info than anyone else, but... the decision to release him came from on high.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,995 Messages
    2,534 Likes Received
    You know that Hernandez was obstructing an investigation into a murder. You also know that Brent cooperated. The difference is night and day IMO. I am not saying Brent should not be released. I expect he will be, once there are legal grounds to do so.
  15. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

3,034 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    Yeah you are so correct. DWI is exactly the same thing as murder. Especially a murder that is planned out and evidence destroyed by a suspect afterwards.

And no one said Brent acted correctly. But to compare the 2 events is idiotic.
    Erik_H likes this.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

35,995 Messages
    2,534 Likes Received
    You don't know if it's in his best interests or not. If he did not commit the shooting himself, it might very well be in his best interests.
  17. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,238 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Agenda? So you endorse having a person who killed his teammate on this team? The Cowboys should have cut him a long time ago. They could have provided assistance to him but he shouldn't be on this team. Is he Demarcus Ware? No. He's an average player that has no business being here. Again, the Cowboys should provide counseling at their expense.
  18. Reality

11,983 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    Teams always say they don't know more, but their actions and/or comments to the media usually prove otherwise. :D

/reality
  19. ABQCOWBOY

35,995 Messages
    2,534 Likes Received
    More sage advice.
  20. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,214 Messages
    1,751 Likes Received
    The Hernandez situation is way higher on a sinister scale, there was some planning there. Brent exact opposite, if there had been a plan it would not have happened.