1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hightower, DeCastro, Barron, or Cox

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyHawg2012, Apr 1, 2012.

1. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think these are the only real options we should think about at 14.
    -I really dont want Coples, any player that admits taking a year off should scare the piss out of all of you too. whats going to happen when we hand him a big check?
    -Ingram is too much of a "what do we do with him" guy. certainly has the talent, but he is more trouble for our own staff trying to figure out where to put him than he is for opposing offenses
    -I would certainly consider Brockers only if we traded down, unquestionable talent, needs some serious refinement in technique but shows glimpses of being dominant. remember, only a redshirt sophmore
    -Dont want to touch kirkpatrick honestly, any corner that struggles in man-to-man is a big red flag for me. great in zone ya, but you gotta be able to match up individually in the NFL, cant hide in zone forever.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think Cox will go before 14.

That leaves DeCastro, Barron, and Hightower.

It seems the Cowboys may prefer to go OC earlier than OG in this draft. I would like DeCastro, but I don't think we'll go that way.

That leaves Barron and Hightower from your list of candidates.

I think the Cowboys would probably go with Barron as it's the position of greater need, and I think Barron is probably ranked a touch higher as well.

I agree with you regarding your comments on Coples. It would scare me too.
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Rightnow I like Poe, look at his numbers they compare favorably to Suh. He is going to be able to compete and is a need pick moving Rattliff to DE.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,614 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    DeCastro or trade down...
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,103 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I'd be fine with Barron and thrilled with DeCastro. I think some people are a little too high on Cox because they want him to be JJ Watt, but the production and athletisim don't match up.
  6. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The only player with an elite grade left in your scenario is DeCastro. But if Coples is there I dont hesitate I jump all over him.
  7. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,574 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    I prefer Melvin Ingram. At least he had a great season.... Poe has done nothing on tape. Other than put up nice combine numbers he is a non-factor. He was not even known until than. As we know combine numbers can be completely misleading.
  8. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,754 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    No way on Poe. Only numbers he has comparable are combine numbers. His production is dismal. Can't take a guy who's a workout warrior at 14.

Coples is certainly a risk. But he also has gone through coaching changes and position changes. Didn't have a great 2011 campaign but he did the year prior so we know he is capable. Now he is experienced multiple positions and we can play him at the DE or OLB position. At the least he will give you instant upgrade in passrush off the edge in passing downs.
  9. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

706 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Poe's measurables may compare to Suh, but Suh was an absolute wrecking ball in college and there was no doubt about how his NFL career would go. Many doubts on Poe.

Cox, Barron or Gilmore for me at this point.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I dont even see Barron in the question at 14. I think Coples is the guy they are praying for.
  11. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,754 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Coples would be great. I am hoping he turns into a Seymour type DE.
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,851 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I think Coples may be there.
  13. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Not at 14. Too much talk about him being lazy to risk it.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,102 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    That would shock me.
    He or DeCastro work for me. Otherwise if they can get they right trade down opportunity--not too far down and fair value--they shoud take it.