1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Hill, Jr: Infusion of talent has Parcells excited

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, May 30, 2005.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

That's my girl! :)
  2. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I agree. In passing situations, we'll go to shotgun and might even see some no huddles.
  3. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

Nors why, why must you make me spank you time and time again? :(

You utter a falsehood and Mikey has to do the right thing and school you...

Drew Bledsoe 172 games, 343 carries, 686 yards, 2.0 average, 6 TD's
    Troy Aikman 165 games, 327 carries, 1016 yards, 3.1 average, 9 TD's

Troy Aikman was "Michael Vick" as an athlete compared to Bledsoe. How dare you even suggest the two are comparable.

Has your love for the New England Patriots clouded your judgement that much?

:D
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,542 Messages
    5,469 Likes Received
    You know I had the perfect response to that. But I just couldn't pull the trigger. You know those mods................ :)
  5. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

1.1 yard average difference - chalk that up to the Oline in Big D, especially in the earlier years when Acheman could run a 4.6 ...
  6. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

No excuses BNA! :)

Aikman was a far more mobile QB than Drew. It's not even close.
  7. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

Yep.

:D
  8. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    With all due respect Mikey, we're talking about 330 more yards for his entire career. That's up and down the football field a little over 3 measley times.

Very comparable in terms of mobility. Neither is very impressive.
  9. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received
    Hey, I admit that Aikman was not a "scrambler" but if you can't admit that Aikman wasn't just a "little more" mobile than Drew... well then I'm going to have to start calling you by your first name!

Remember BNA sometimes only a "little more" is all you need. :D
  10. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

It's such a minute comparison, man. Both are statues. If Aikman was mobile ... he may have lasted a few more years. His immobility put him out of the game before his time.
  11. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

No BNA it wasn't his immobility as it was the concussion issues along with the back problem.
  12. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received

It was his inability to escape the pass rush and slams to the turf that caused those issues. He was a sitting duck.
  13. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think 'mobility' comes down to stats..it's one of those qualities you observe in an athlete, and judge along a continuum. I never look at the QB legs, just the trunk and hips for flexibility.

Somewhere between Barry Sanders and Jeff George fall most players, and Aikman was not a loose-jointed pony, but neither was he a stiff-hipped camel.

Mark Brunnell in his prime had a chunky build but was very mobile, tho he looked slow as molasses, he was so elusive. Plummer has the most fluid body, but one QB I've noticed who really has torso flexibility is, drum roll please....

Tony Romo.
  14. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

Oh come'on Ben! "Scramblers" many times get sacked more than drop-back passers. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but Randall Cunningham got sacked at an amazing rate. Many of those types of quarterbacks cause their own protection to break down by scrambling.

I'll agree the concussions were the result of tackles. The back problem was nothing more than a herniated disk which affects millions of people in their 30's--- 99,999% of them never having had the "pleasure" of being sacked on a football field. Hell I have a disk between my C5 and C6 that herniated when I was 35. And it wasn't he result of football "hit". ;)
  15. MichaelWinicki

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

I agree B.

It's just presenting my evidence that Aikman WAS more mobile than Bledsoe. And I think that if anyone actually watched the two play they would come to the same conculsion. But I don't think Nors ever watched Aikman. :D
  16. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike anyone who has been an NFL fan over the past twenty years would say Troy Aikman was more mobile than Drew Bledsoe..

if neither player ever left the pocket even once, you could make that judgement.

Even if you didn't know anything at ALL about football, you could make that judgement. We all understand the differences in how different people MOVE.

Geez, I bet you guys could say in a heartbeat who is more mobile, Charlize Theron or Angelina Jolie or Ashley Judd. ;)

G'nite.
  17. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received

I couldn't say for sure, but I would definitely like to do some research.
  18. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,730 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    what he said. now that's the kinda work i'd like to.... uuuuhhh.... dive into.