1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hill: Monte Kiffen won't force cover 2 scheme...interviewed w/JG and JG today

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    I think he's probably too old. Don't like this.

At least we don't have to worry about him taking a head coaching gig anytime soon.
  2. weaver21

weaver21 Member

637 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    How is he too old? Dick Lebeau is 75 years old and he's still got the Steelers defense going strong. Kiffin is 3 years younger than him.
  3. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,444 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    How bout if he just sets the record for sacks period? :)
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....he knows Al Jr. will pony up the dough: certainly more than the Hunt family: plus, the metroplex area is much nicer to retire than KC: yeah, I said retire because that's basically what he will do after a really bad year or two: this is a BAD idea but I can see the lemmings in here getting on board JUST like they did with Rob Ryan: all sorts of excuses why his defense in Cleveland and LA were so bad too....just brutal. To come out and say that the talent at U$C on defense wasn't adequate is RIDICULOUS......look at his son's recruiting rankings. BAD argument to make as it's simply not true.:rolleyes:
  5. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

646 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Maybe because the current life expectancy for a male in the United States is 75.6.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,602 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I hated rob Ryan and I don't like this pick up either. I'll hope for the best but I'm prepared for another subpar season
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    He got that job when he was 66 years old. He's not showing up at 75 trying to install a new program.

I don't care how old Kiffin is, other than the fact that he's definitely old, but people acting like it has NO bearing are kidding themselves.
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't expect him to be a one man show who has to put in 70 hours and breaking in a bunch of newbies on his staff. I expect hm to be an overseer of a well seasoned staff that will do most of the grunt work for him. The Kiffin/Dungy defensive tree is so extensive that he could probably go out tomorrow and field a staff full of guys who have held NFL HC positions at one time
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  10. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

499 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I don't even want anything to do with a coach named Kiffin at this point. Especially one his age. Yes, his age has to be a consideration.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    I have a lot of respect for what Kiffin accomplished while with Tampa. But this appears to be an odd match which may not work. A lot can change between now and September, so i'll just wait and see.
  12. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    948 Likes Received

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
    our colors are silver and blue....
  13. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Now look it up for guys who are already 73.

Just cause he is that age, doesn't mean he will drop dead in 2 years.
  14. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,067 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    So much for some posters claiming he's too stubborn to change up his scheme and adapt.
  16. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Haha, that reminds me of a delusional Burns:

[youtube]Lzpk5dMhVE4[/youtube]
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I'm not really sold on a Kiffen hire honestly... But I would expect a move to 4-3 certainly.
  18. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Will there be a silver alert for our dc on I-30 for gamedays?
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    Just because someone older is able to do it, doesn't mean Kiffen is. He might well be able to, but it seems like an unnecessary risk when there are younger guys doing it at a high level available.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I actually think Carr is a prototypical cover 2 corner. Claiborne, not so much.