1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hillary plans to attack McCain... not Palin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Clinton set to strike McCain, not Palin
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13193.html

By GLENN THRUSH

Hillary Rodham Clinton has no intention of becoming a Sarah Palin attack dog — but has no qualms going after John McCain, people close to the former first lady say.

“She’s not the answer when it comes to winning conservative women — she never was — and we’re not going to be anybody’s attack dog against Sarah Palin,” said a Clinton insider. “To be fair to Obama’s people, they haven’t asked us to do that.”

Slamming Palin to win back women already hostile to Obama is pointless, the insider said, because Clinton’s most loyal base is working-class voters, not women in particular. “Attacking Palin is checkers, attacking McCain on the economy is chess.”

Clinton will continue to yoke McCain and Palin to President Bush on pocketbook issues. But sources say that Clinton, who supports abortion rights, isn’t likely to criticize the Alaska governor for her anti-abortion stance. She may, however, question Palin’s record on equal-pay issues.

The Obama campaign, alarmed by Palin’s instant popularity, has given Clinton’s staff a proposed fall campaign schedule in economically distressed battleground states — including Ohio and Pennsylvania — where she did well during the primaries, according to people familiar with the situation.

The former first lady, who is due to appear at an Obama event in Florida on Monday, hasn’t gotten back to them yet. When she does, she’s likely to add a few stops of her own — fundraisers, including at least one in Texas to help her repay more than $20 million in debt incurred during the primary.

“They probably don’t want her in Texas, but, hey, that’s where the money is, so that’s where she’s going to go,” said a source familiar with travel planning.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,032 Likes Received
    I guess she got the word. Sarah's all out of Caribou. :laugh2:
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,517 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    How much creditability will she have when McCain will just show the clip from a few months back where Hillary said herself. "I have the experience to be President and John McCain has experience to be President Obama does not.
  4. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Haven't you heard? Obama has gotten all the experience he needs by running for President and commanding a staff of 2500.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    Shhhh!

You'll enrage the vast army of community organizers, who took great offense when Sarah demeaned their contributions and are apparently planning to strike her down with all their wrath.

Or that's what Keith Olbermann told me anyway.:D
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    probably not much but if the Clintons unleash that bald guy who married the right winger, can't remember his name on Sarah, before you know, we will be told Sarah was a lounge singer/hooker in Juneau :cool:
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dispatching a woman to do his dirty work? What a wimp.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    James Carville
  9. Doomsday101

78,517 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    James Carvel? I expect nothing less but as I said I think Palin can handle herself and McCain has dealt with rougher men than Carvel and lived to tell about it. I will say I get a kick out of Carvel
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    yeah, that guy rules, if for no other reason than he knows how to win
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,068 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    How could you forget James Carville?
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Wouldn't that make our own "Reality" better qualified?

He runs a site of over 18,000+... ;)

[IMG]

:D
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,102 Messages
    3,087 Likes Received
    She's nuts.

Hey Hilary, align yourself with them. If Obama wins he is in for 8 years. In 2016 no one will care for your platform. You have a shot in 2012. Especially if Palin does well. Then you can say, "see how badly we needed a woman? Now just put in a woman who champions women's issues."

Political suicide for her to support Obama.
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah Obama continus to do some curious things, but hey thats ok because I want him to lose and lose huge.

The bigger the loss, the sooner left wing loons will go away.
  15. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Obama wins (and I dont think he will) I would also bet he's a one term only President, just like peanut head Carter. In fact I think his administration and his policies would be so disastrous (ala Carter) that many of the extreme left people in office would be casualties with him.
  16. Doomsday101

78,517 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    They never go away they just accuse others of fixing the election.
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats another reason I want a lopsided win
  18. Doomsday101

78,517 Messages
    3,821 Likes Received
    I do as well but I think this will be yet another close race coming down to 1 or 2 swing state. I'll be there Nov 4 to do my part in the state of Texas.
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter...

Unfortunately it's a part of politics...
  20. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It probably will come down to a couple of states, but if McCain were to pull out PA, it'd be over in a hurry for O