1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Holding anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Seven, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,230 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    I watched the game several times and was noticing the Philly OL was doing a lot of holding. I know everyone does it and you can't call them all but I'd swear Ellis and Ware were being held consistently. Did anyone else notice this or do I need a prescription screen on my tele? Looked like Ellis had McNabb dead to rights and was drug down while pile driving the tackle at least twice. Ware's opponent had a hand full of jersey when pass blocking.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I noticed it as well quite a few times
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,683 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Shaun Andrews held and/or tripped Ferguson on Westbrook's TD run. It was so f'in obvious and out in the open the refs had to be doing crack at the time to have missed it. Pathetic.
  4. scotth66

scotth66 New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I noticed right away during the game and thought the refs were blind too!!!! ***
  5. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Look, it is not the time for people here to turn into Redskin fans.

Enough with the refs.
  6. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    holding happens in every game, it's just a matter of who gets caught and who doesn't
  7. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    "We have clear visual evidence that the Holding took place". - Joe Gibbs
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,777 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    ...for the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) and they tell me that one would be surprised when a football game is slowed down and the ordinary laymen gets a chance to breakdown the film how much infractions actually occur.

Like one said it's a matter of whether they are noticed or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. networks could provide the same revealing coverage to an average fan if we had access to their digital machines and multiple camera angles and the ability to play it one frame at a time without a blurry image.

Everyone holds at some point in time, but does it always lead to that game changing play? Good teams take the ref out of the equation.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,683 Messages
    641 Likes Received

:rolleyes:

First of all, Redskins fans make stuff up about the refs that don't exist. No one here is doing that.

Second of all, there is NOTHING wrong with pointing out the obvious. Watch the replay of Westbrook's TD run. Andrews obviously held/tripped Ferguson, and it had a direct impact on the play.
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,553 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    Al Johnson CLEARLY held Trotter on Barber's long run up the middle that set up the Glenn TD catch. The ref was right there on top of the play but fortunately chose not to throw the flag. Even Johnson said after the game that he held on that play. If that penalty is called, we probably never score to make it 14-20. So it goes both ways.
  11. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,054 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    What if Joe Gibbs became the NFL officiating czar? Those poor referees would probably all quit.
  12. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,054 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Price came darn close to blocking an Eagle in the back too.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,464 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    When does Al Johnson not hold? Lol.
  14. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,464 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    No reason to ***** about the refs after a win though, especially after a game when we were totally outplayed.
  15. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Holding happens on every play; there are only degrees of holding. The Eagles hold Ellis all the time-- but he has a history of holding them back to make way for the might mites Dat and Dexter.
  16. 1fisher

1fisher Well-Known Member

5,724 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    yea, I saw it to but I also saw a couple of blocks in the back on MBIII's 4th quarter run that set up the TD to Glenn.... It all evens out. But don't ask a redskins fan..... :laugh2:
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,230 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    The thread was posted as a question not a formal complaint. I was just thinking the infraction was more than normal. We wipped up on them pretty good round 1 and all of a sudden we can't get to McNabb? With a second string center? 186 yds rushing? One's gotta wonder.
  18. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,112 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Maybe that particular crew doesn't call holding very much and both coaches knew that
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,683 Messages
    641 Likes Received

Not a single person in this thread has ******* about the refs.
  20. Skip

Skip Member

379 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    There was a lot of holding and at times right in front of the official.