1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Honest opinion of the Redskins this year

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Jenky, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,181 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    Skins improved on both sides of the ball: Hatcher, Clark, Porter, Jackson, Roberts, blah blah blah, I don't need to name the rest. They could place first in the NFC east and they have a plethora of weapons on offense. RG3 shouldn't be overthrowing his guys this year. Their biggest Achilles? O-line. If they can make it work, it wouldn't be a shocker to me.

Flame on.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,062 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Biggest Achilles heel is RGIII ... The book is out on him. Even faster than it came out on Vick.
    hipfake08 likes this.
  3. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

428 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Gonna be a train wreck....can't wait to watch. They might out score some people but in the end will be exposed. We will finish lower in the standings the next two years but if we stay on course with young guys, solid drafts and not overpaying for 30+ yr. olds like Hatcher, I like our chances to be MUCH better than the foreskins in 16' and beyond.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    I think they retain 4th place in nfce.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  5. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,337 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    They'll suck.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,318 Messages
    3,043 Likes Received
    I think a lot will have to do with how the skins adjust to Jay Gruden
    OhSnap likes this.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    I think Danny Snyder will start leaving containers of vanilla Ice cream on Jim Haslett's desk. :p
  8. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Same book many chapters seem to be copied.
  9. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Member

54 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Are you aware Hatchers contract is 2yr $8M with the ability to cut him after that 2nd year? Can you name the last free agent we overpaid for after Haynesworth? I can't....
  10. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,740 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    I never write anyone off...well mostly. I never do the NFCE. It doesn't seem to matter a lot about records when we meet. The Skins seem to play us well for the most part. No predictions from me. I don't even know how'll they'll do with or without RG.
    OhSnap likes this.
  11. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Zero chemistry .
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,318 Messages
    3,043 Likes Received
    Skins added some players not sure how much they have improved that is why we play the games. As for as RGIII one differance from year 1 to year 2 was RGIII was asked to throw the ball a lot more, his rookie season they leaned on the running game and used the passing game wisely having him throw on down and distance that favored the offense. However the more he was asked to do the wrose he got.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,613 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    Oh, silly Cowboy fan, it was all his injury!
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    And this is the first time Snyder has tried to buy his way to the top of the NFC East?
  15. REDVOLUTION

24,062 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Clearly he has the beginnings of "Michael Vick syndrome".
    Ask him to stay in pocket and read a defense and go through more than one read/progression and make good QB decisions... And that's a wrap!

These hybrids are too easily compromised/minimalized. Not smart enough to counter their hybrid that is kryptonite.

Only one I give a "chance" is Cam Newton. I will now if I am right about him after 10 games next year.

Vick and RGIII.... Mere footnotes in NFL history.
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,945 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    They could win the East, but I don't see anybody in the East competing with the elite of the NFC.
    Risen Star likes this.
  17. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

30 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So...Griffin, Wilson, Locker, and Kaepernick...none of those will be great QBs? Kinda ignorant to make that statement already, don't you think? They've all looked great at times and are still young, so I don't know where you come up with the idea that they'll be " mere footnotes in NFL history." And, with you having the ignorance to say that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you take a shot at their intelligence, too. But, your posts are often filled with this kind of content, so what the heck...
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,252 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    beat me to it.

This whole division could be astoundingly pathetic next year. Worse than this year.
  19. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Eagles are the bar for the NFCE for the foreseeable future.
  20. REDVOLUTION

24,062 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Not ignorance. It's my predictions on those types of QBs, specifically the ones I mentioned.

Tidbit - I think Kaep throws the straightest hardest low to the ground line drive I have ever seen. Very impressive.

Meet me back here in 5-6 years when none has a Super Bowl win.