Honest opinion of the Redskins this year

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Jenky, Apr 6, 2014.

1. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Do you consider Wilson a hybrid?

I ask because his team won the SB. Which goes to the way most teams win the Superbowl, strong defense, mistake free qb play, and an effective offense.

I think dynamic offenses tend to get stopped by better defenses in the big games where coaching and individual highlights factor less into the overall competition. That's why I don't expect any of the NFC East teams to make it all the way, because while I think all 4 will put up points against lesser or one dimensional defenses or coaches, against high level competition, all our defenses pale.

That said, I am willing to go on record that Griffin or Kapernik (sp) will have a SB win before Luck or the next best young "Pro style" qb will.
  2. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

2,051 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    Honest opinion? They're going to suck again.

They won 3 games this past year. THREE.

Even if they improve significantly they might win 6 or 7 at the most.

And their QB sucks. Which is a huge blow. Especially since they get to watch the Rams do whatever they want with the draft picks they stole from them. LOL
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

22,678 Messages
    3,709 Likes Received
    I think, unfortunately, that the Eagles will take the division this year. I view the Redskins Cowboys and Giants all in the same boat. The mediocre boat. It's the NFL though and things change fast.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,300 Messages
    32,976 Likes Received
    That's the key. If they can work around his lack of franchise talent like they did his rookie year they have a chance in this awful division. If they put too much on him to win games, they have no shot.

The fact that this moron is busy designing a logo for himself in the offseason tells me they're not winning anything anytime soon.
  5. Stryker44

Stryker44 ^^^Skins Fan

1,767 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Indy went from 2-14 in 2011-2012 to 11-5 in 2012-2013. Things can change pretty quickly for better or worse nowadays.
  6. Proximo

2,051 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    And?

Just because a swing like that can happen doesn't mean it actually will.

Is it going to happen with the Redskins? I doubt it.

They have a crappy roster and a crappy QB. They wasted resources on aging and castoff free agents, and don't have a first round draft pick.

Unless the Giants really fall apart the Skins will be occupying the bottom of the East again in 2014.
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 ^^^Skins Fan

1,767 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Of course odds are against it - but don't forget they went 10-6 the year before when RGIII was healthy, and they also had the 18M cap penalty in each of the previous 2 years. The lack of a 1st round pick could very well hurt in the future - but its unlikely there would be someone they'd draft this year that could change things THAT much.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

10,164 Messages
    6,407 Likes Received
    Ha Ha, you should the stuff he posts about baseball . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  9. Proximo

2,051 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    Regardless of the cap penalties I don't consider their roster to be impressive at all. It's not like they went on a tear in free agency now that the penalties are done. They picked up a castoff WR and an aging D linemen who probably isn't going to replicate last year's performance, especially now that he's in a 3-4.

And I guess it really depends on how good you think RG3 is. Personally, I think he's overrated and will have a short career as a starter.

They were a 3 win team last year. And I just don't see how they've done enough to make any reasonable person think that there's going to be some massive turnaround in 2014.
  10. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,333 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    What is more moronic, thinking Griffin spent ALL OF HIS TIME designing a logo that was obviously made for him by Adidas, or thinking it's somehow relevant to how he'll perform this year when up until last week he didn't even have a playbook?

Furthermore, despite the lack of playbook, Griffin has organized independent workouts with his receivers (Moss, Garcon, Roberts, and Reed) this offseason. They've planned to have four such workouts in three locations and they've already done two. But yeah, all of that is just propaganda, he's really just doodling logos in his room all day.
  11. Proximo

2,051 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    FOUR workouts?! Holy cow!! You mean they're actually going to meet FOUR times to work out on their own??!!

Incredible. This type of dedication will certainly result in the type of turnaround that's needed after that pathetic performance in 2013 that got him benched.

I wish Dallas players were dedicated and motivated enough to work out FOUR whole times on their own....

:rolleyes:
    WPBCowboysFan likes this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,300 Messages
    32,976 Likes Received
    Yeah, what I meant was when your supposed franchise QB is worrying about designing a logo for himself in the offseason you've got problems. And they reside north of his neck.
  13. Proximo

2,051 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    Agreed. And this is why I'll have a fundamental difference of opinion with anyone who's predicting good things for the Redskins in 2014.

Their franchise QB, who they gave so much up for, is seriously flawed. I don't believe he has what it takes to succeed long term as a starter in this league.

Hell, at the current rate he won't even experience short term success.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

29,981 Messages
    5,633 Likes Received
    Particularly when Wilson is already on the verge of being great, and is already great by some estimations.