1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Honey Badger

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tejano15, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

396 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Watching combine and he is the best DB on the field right now. He is making money, wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by 2nd latest 3rd. IMO

He's a beast, he has best hands, goes up and gets the ball at his peak..

I would take a chance on this guy.
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,140 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Garett is not going to draft him.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,275 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    I wouldn't.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    His massive 4 reps on the bench won't help him :laugh2:

Not that bench press means a ton for CBs, but it likely means he won't be able to press. I can't see him going higher than the 4th.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    He really does look like the best CB out there, even better than Dee Milliner. After today, unless he completely bombs in team interviews, he won't make it past the third round. I would take him; I get the impression from those who have spoken to him that he really has put the marijuana issues behind him and that he is 100% focused on football.
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,020 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Fool me, once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, we're both screwed.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,963 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Yeah, I predict he'll have a great rookie year in the NFL and then flame out in dramatic fashion afterwards

Hopefully he puts it together. He's an amazing football player.
  8. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

396 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I agree with that but Jerry is in the room and this is a Jerry type pick. I highly doubt he will be a Cowboy, but I do not discount it at all with JJ.

He was opposite of Teo, Badger performed better under pressure and he was truly amazing today.

I agree he was better then Dee as well.
  9. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Demarcus van Dyke did it 5 times...
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I thought he would be the type of player Jones would gamble on if he was there after round 4, but I seriously doubt he will be there.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,275 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    Little known fact: honeybadger's arms? 56". True story.
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer said on NFL Network this morning that Mathieu’s bench press total calls into question whether he’s been working hard in the weight room.

“It does concern me, because if he was working, obviously — I can bench four times, probably,” Zimmer said.

At 186 pounds, Mathieu is one of the smallest defensive backs at this year’s Combine, but just being small isn’t an excuse for a weak performance on the bench. Adrian Bushell of Louisville weighed in at exactly the same weight as Mathieu and did 17 reps, and Jamar Taylor of Boise State is only six pounds heavier than Mathieu and did 22 reps.

Not being able to bench a lot doesn’t mean Mathieu can’t make it in the NFL. But it might mean he doesn’t have a good work ethic. And if he doesn’t work hard, he won’t make it in the NFL.

More: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-press-may-call-his-work-ethic-into-question/
  13. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I'd take him in the 4th if we get a stud OL, DL, and safety in the first three rounds.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,871 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Combine seems really built for a guy like him.
  15. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

1,248 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    He's got a very muscular build, thick through the chest and shoulders and I can't understand how he only did 4 reps, with his build and athletic background 4 reps is beyond horrible. If Zimmer is correct about his poor work ethic in the weightroom I would think the HB could still sleepwalk to 10 reps or so. 4 reps with 225 roughly equates to a 1 rep max of 245-250, that's well below average for a 186lb athlete in a strength related sport, regardless of position.
  16. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The difference between him and a lot of the guys who've gotten themselves into trouble is that my impression from hearing him speak is that he's a legitimately bright guy. If I'm going to take a chance on a guy with a checkered past, this may be the one I trust to get it together.

That said, I could understand if the team put in place a zero tolerance policy on guys with past substance abuse issues, just for public relations reasons. I don't think it's the right approach, but I could see it.
  17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,676 Messages
    2,203 Likes Received
    dont do it jerry
  18. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,514 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    4 is pathetic.......I can do 4, he looks like he could do at least 8-13 with his build.
    I dont get it
  19. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

343 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Agreed.

He's either getting by on pure talent or he doesn't like the weight room, either way it's a red flag.
  20. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    My friend pointed out the 4 reps too. I didn't believe him and checked the stats. He looks like he can put up way more then 4 reps. I'm 186 and can put up 15 reps.

All the bench press aside, he looks smooth running and making catches though...