1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Houston puts moves on ex-Broncos Ron Dayne

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jksmith269, Sep 3, 2006.

1. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who signs players he's used to.

Sean signs Rob and Copper and traded for Shanel

Kubiak signs Dayne

Texans | Team signs R. Dayne
    Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:07:33 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Houston Texans have agreed to terms with free agent RB Ron Dayne (Broncos). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

So why is it when BP brings in someone he's coached b4 fans make a big deal about it?????
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    something else to gripe about? idk, but it's simple really, when you see a former player you've coached before on the market, and they weren't exactly horrible, or at their ceiling, and you're trying to rebuild a franchise, there's a comfort level you have w/ them, and you've seen them in practice and in games, you would tend to bring them in, it may not work out, but hell, it's a better option than bringing in someone you know nothing about, I don't get it either, I think people just love to complain
  3. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually think it's good for a team... The player knows the coach and his trends and the coach can rely (most of the time) to be somewhat of a leader in the LR...
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    exactly, he already knows how the coach conducts business, and can pass it along to his teammates, and already knows the system basically, you can't go wrong, unless you give up alot of for him and he sucks, which I dont' think Payton has that much invested in former Cowboys, it hasn't exactly hurt Parcells, so hey, go for it Payton, it's a pretty productive, little system
  5. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,433 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Pretty much every coach around the league does this.
  6. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh Bull!...Mike Holmgren would never do that...well except for Hasselbeck but that's it...I think...but you know....
  7. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    with the signing of ron dayne the texans aren't looking as silly for passing on reggie bush now...
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    gees, what happened to Laurence Maroney?
  9. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Do you really believe that RB was/is the biggest need on that team ?

Its not like Davis was garbage. He was/is a fairly decent back.

Both lines on that team needed some serious upgrades IMO.
  10. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4283422

TIDBIT: The team agreed to terms with running back Ron Dayne on Sunday and claimed cornerback Roc Alexander off waivers. Both Alexander and Dayne were released by Denver on Saturday.

The Texans are coached by former Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak. Houston's new general manager Rick Smith also came from Denver this offseason.

Dayne was a mild surprise in being cut by the Broncos. He was the starting tailback at the beginning of training camp but