1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How about Fujita to ILB and Burnett to OLB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheHustler, Dec 19, 2005.

1. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't seen Shanle make a play in a month. Fujita is too slow to chase RBs down on sweeps but is a solid tackler. How about Fujita inside next to James, and Burnett to the outside, who played well and seems MUCH faster than Fujita.

Something needs to be done. Our defense has been awful the last 3 weeks.
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,329 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    I vote to draft or sign a big tough ILB to play beside James.
    Move Burnett to the outside opposite Ware.
    Shanle and Fujita are special teamers and backups, imo....Shanle might be able to play in the nickel.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,810 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Shanle won't be on this team next year. Neither will Fujita.
  4. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    either way i agree, fujita starting at olb is not the best situation. maybe he can play inside, and burnett outside, but it seems like we will need an ilb next year. we need a jeremiah trotter type ilb .
  5. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,873 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    I think Fujita will be here but realistically ya don't know. So much can happen in the offeseason as far as player acquisitions go.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,464 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    Shanle and Fujita are what they are. Our backup LBs that were forced in to starting roles by injury. Is it really a surprise that they aren't as good as Dat and Al S? Burnett moves inside next year and we bring in another OLB as one of our top priorities. Shanle and Fujita are good players when put in the right roles -- starting isn't that role.