1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How about, insert name here, as head coach? **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Nov 14, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,408 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    Barry could do it his way again!

[IMG]
    Duane, jobberone and OhSnap like this.
  2. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I'd loved to seen Switzer have a chance to rebuild and inject his attitude into the team 10 years ago when he was younger but after he threw a plate of food at Jerry and got caught packin heat at the airport I think he had Jerry a little worried that he might throw lead instead next time.:mad:
    Duane and jobberone like this.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,200 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    Switzer was good for clown car entertainment value; not so much for coaching.
  4. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,877 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    We did it!! Lol
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    There is no entertainment watching this team. Barry would provide some great laughs. I like him.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,669 Messages
    3,895 Likes Received
    Switzer isn't a RKG.
  7. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    He was one of the 500. I'm still waiting for one of the other 499.
    Venger likes this.
  8. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    A combined thread with all the stupid "how about __________ for coach?" threads. I know it is a bye week, but there are still 6 games to play this season. The "how about" threads are for the off-season.
    dragon_mikal likes this.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,437 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Jones should hire Jimmy as GM, in turn get a Coach that makes them both stay in the kitchen.
  10. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    70 'isn't all that old'?
    Super_Kazuya likes this.
  11. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I know, right? He's basically as old as Kiffin and we know how much that's getting a laugh around here...
  12. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,653 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    When Joe Gibbs - winner of multiple Super Bowls - came back to coach the Redskins in the 2000s, it didn't go well.

Sometimes a championship-winning coach or player should just remain retired.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,485 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    When you take an EPIC beat down like we just did..................................foregone conclusion how this thing is going to end and it aint going to be pretty.

Besides, not alot else to talk about. There is only like 3 Garrett homers left on this board, everybody else pretty much agrees he sucks. Everybody pretty much agrees this is the worst defense in the history of the franchise and Grandpa Kiffen needs to go back to the retirement home. Nothing really new to discuss there. Everybody agrees Callahan sucks, no meat left on that bone. While some folks are divided on if Romo is worth $100 million, virtually everybody agrees that we really dont have any better options at the moment. So by process of elimination, the main thing left to have a discussion about is who the next head coach is going to be.
  14. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I agree. Every time there is a coach being shown on Sportscenter or NFL network there is a thread about how he should be hired. Same for when a player is released from another team.
  15. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,653 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Plenty of teams have lost a game in blowout fashion in the regular season and yet went on to make the playoffs.
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,872 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    We'd never be bored. That's for sure.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,790 Messages
    5,496 Likes Received
    Fans are going to overreact after a big loss. They're overreacting.

At least we're coming out of the blame-the-Head-Coach phase and entering the blame-the-QB phase. That's the first sign of healing. Then we blame Jerry for a bit, and then the cycle goes dormant until whatever the next emotional loss is.
  18. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    It kills me when people run this bs. Groupthink at its best.

College:
    Career Record: 16 Years, 157-29-4, .837 Pct. (*at major schools)
    Bowl Record: 13 Bowls, 8-5, .615 Pct. (*in major bowls)

Pro:
    Games over .500: 16
    Super Bowl Wins: 1
    Conference Championships: 1
    Division Championships: 3

If Switzer is a clown what does that qualify JG as, a wizard?
  19. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    The fact of the matter is simply that we don't seem to know who to blame first. This team has so many problems that nobody knows which one to turn to first to cure them. Whenever that's the case, it usually begins at the very top and filters down throughout the organization and its team. Anytime a house rests on a poor foundation, the problems are endless. I firmly believe this is the position we find ourselves in. It's Jerry, first and foremost.
    Alexander likes this.
  20. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    I believe we can look back at Jimmy's days with the Cowboys and be grateful for them. Otherwise, as far as his returning to the Cowboys, it's highly unlikely to say the least. Jimmy's too smart for that. I think anyone who thinks Jerry would choose to relinquish his GM duties to facilitate a return of Jimmy Johnson is dreaming. Let's simply be content knowing that we had it good once upon a time and cherish that memory.