1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How about Ryan Broyles?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Irvin, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Irvin

Irvin Benched

41 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's the pick at 32 next year....

PERFECT and I mean perfect slot receiver. Austin+Dez+Broyles= Unstoppable.

He plays exacly like Welker.
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    How about we shore up on secondary and oline first.

TNew is getting up there in age.

Nagy and Costa (as of now) aren't the answer but we have to take a wait and see approach.
  3. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

321 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    We can't keep drafting WR's to fill the #3 spot. The cowboys are high on this Harris kid. I have to agree with ajk23az; we need to find Newman's (age) replacement and continue to upgrade the offensive line.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,071 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Assuming that neither Laurent Robinson or Dwayne Harris develop into a #3, I'd rather go for a veteran WR.

If by some reason Michael Brewster is available, I'd take him. We can draft a CB in round 2 because a Jenkins/Scandrick starting duo likely will due.

If Brewster goes as high as he should, then I'd go for a CB or QB if they really like one.
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    if he is there in the third sure
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Broyles will be a great pick for somebody. Because as we get closer to the draft they'll start taking shots at his size and NFL potential.

Completely ignoring his hands, route running, RAC ability and just a God given gift to get open consistently against any coverage.

He's got "it".

He'll be a grand larceny type steal wherever he goes.
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I rather get Joe Adams in the latter rounds
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I think Harris will develop into a very good slot guy for us...
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    If we are going WR in the draft, I want Dwight Jones....a WR/TE hybrid similar to Jermichael Finley....he catches almost everything thrown his way.

BTW, I hope we see some Holley, Robinson, and Harris after the bye....
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I'd rather go with some secondary help or something more pressing than WR at that point.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,239 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    I wouldn't draft him in the 1st or 2nd. He looks like he could be good, but I also look at the recent history of OU receivers that have made it to the NFL. There isn't a lot of great success in that group. A lot of those guys looked good in college, but haven't done nearly as well in the pros. He probably is better than some of those guys, but he doesn't look like first round material to me even if it was a late first round pick. And of course Dallas has other needs that will be more of a priority.
  12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    154 Likes Received

Realistically, it is hard to determine what our biggest needs will be until right before the draft next year; however, drafting based on need rather than best player available really doesn't work all that well, unless the BPA just happens to fill the need you have.

We drafted for need for several years trying to get that pass rushing defensive end and all we ended up with was a mediocre player.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,239 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    Realistically there are going to be several players available to choose from when Dallas drafts. Broyles won't be the only choice as best available player.
  14. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,071 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    I think so to, or atleast hope so, but I hope we bring in a vet to push him.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I kinda like the Packers plan of picking up a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round every year. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb. You can find guys who are just as talented in the 2nd round, but who are too raw or under developed to play right away. Break them in slowly in sub packages and let them grow into bigger roles.
  16. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    me to Reick but dang did you see the speed Joe Adams has

I bring him in just for that
  17. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,735 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Ryan Broyles to me is a very good WR and he can run really good routes in that Sooners offense with that being said I agree with your assesment on how late round WRs can be had and the Packers bunch is a prime example of this.

I think that Dallas will have to find a true 3rd WR option outside of Dez, and Miles be it on the roster, in free agency, or the draft that will be a plan of theirs this coming offseason imo the one thing Dallas has done well is find late round WRs, and undrafted ones like Crayton (6th round), and Austin (undrafted) so I hope that trend continues for the team.

As for Broyles I see him as a late round pick in the coming 2012 draft whether he gets drafted by Dallas remains to be seen with other needs they will have.
  18. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeh i started thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. the guy is going to be a great pro.

i wish we didn't have so many holes on the defense so we could pick him. this coming from a Longhorn :eek::
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Ah, draft for need.

That always works out.
  20. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take him in 2 but not in 1.