1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

How did La Tech not make a bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Biggems, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,703 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    they were 9-3 and a very exciting team........they light up the scoreboard, something fans love to see, especially in the lesser bowls.

i am disappointed that they will not have another game, as this means i will not get to see Quinton Patton again this season.....bummer

2. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,572 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    I thought they turned down a bowl bid?

3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,703 Messages
    551 Likes Received

oh ok....bummer

I wonder why, unless the travel was too expensive. Bowls are serious exposure for your program......it helps with recruiting and bring money into the program. I guess the cons outweighed the pros.

I honestly would rather see Baylor vs LaTech than Baylor vs UCLA

4. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They did, they were invited to play against UL-Monroe in the Independence Bowl and refused on a grudge.

"While being interviewed for a story in September, Staub acknowledged a current stalemate between the two programs -- after Louisiana Tech refused to play the Warhawks (formerly Indians) in football, ULM prohibited all of its scholarship sports from scheduling the Bulldogs."

http://www.sbnation.com/bowl-games-...714/louisiana-tech-ulm-independence-bowl-2012

5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

30,144 Messages
    6,746 Likes Received
    They turned Dow a so-so bowl expecting to get something better and instead got frozen out when, I think, a lower level Big 10 team got the nod.

6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,415 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Yup. They asked the Independence Bowl to give them a bit to see what other bowls offered but they didn't.

Having a great season they hoped to go to a bowl game out of town and gain some exposure.