1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How did you do in your fantasy leagues this season?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ZeroClub, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How did you do in your fantasy leagues this season?

Post the gory details here.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'm playing in the championship game in my league vs Bone Crusher....I need 7 pts to win it

The other 3 I made the playoffs and lost in the 1st rd :(
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I made the finals in all 3 leagues I did this year.

I have one league won for sure. He is done and I still have Roddy White and a 10 point lead.

I have one that I lost for sure. I had Romo over Ryan at QB, and we all know Tony got benched. If I had played Ryan I would as of right now be 15 points down.

I lead the 3rd one pretty big. He has Roddy White. I have Pierre Thomas and a 25 point lead.

So I am going to win 2 out of 3 and I might have won 3 of 3 had I not gone with Romo. I honestly felt the Jets would win over the Giants and we would need Romo to win for us. It was a risk and I lost.
  4. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I need 6 pts and Ryan isn't even looking at Gonzales or Julio :(
  5. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  6. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'm tied

One more catch by Jones or Gonzales and I win
  7. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,960 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I'm in the championship and unless my opponent gets 41 points from Michael Turner and John Kasay(it's a high scoring league) then I will win my 5th championship in 12 years!!!
  8. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  9. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,960 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Wow.....nice!

I won by 40 :p:
  10. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    lost three superbowls tonight because i had romo as qb and a 300 dollar 1st place prize in my money league
  11. ZeroClub

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm in three leagues. Each league was rather different, which made for a fun year.

The first league had 16 teams ... so it was scrappy. After some key injuries to RBs I ended up picking up and starting Danny Woodhead. Talent was thin ...

The second league had 10 teams and allowed a QB to serve as a flex player... so everyone played two QBs each week. (League rules limited each team to 3 QBs per roster). It sounds goofy, but it was fun. Given that nearly everyone was carrying 3 QBs, it meant that there were often some decent free agent RBs and WRs available.

The third league was a conventional 10 team league.

I finished third in the first two leagues and won the third league (despite making a couple of mistakes in the final game).
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I won this one by 14.5 points. BTW, it is a very reserved scoring system in that league. 100 points is nearly impossible.

I had already lost this one. Had I played Matt Ryan it would not have helped me. I still would have lost by 7 points.

The scoring in this one is the opposite of reserved. If anything it is too much caffeine. A QB can get you over 75 points as I got from Stafford. He came on hard at the end with Roddy White, but I won by almost 4 points. I really don't like the scoring system in this one.

In the 2 leagues I won I gambled on Stafford and waited on QB and it paid off. In all three of them I had Dez Bryant. In none of the leagues I was in did Brees of Rodgers or Brady led teams make the finals. I was kind of shocked at that.
  13. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

843 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    Congrats on the Championship! My team struggled mightily in that league, too many injuries and underachievers.

I was in 8 leagues, only one 1st place, but was repeat Champ won back to back years, one 2nd place and one 3rd place. Still have one team playing for championship in wk17.

Injuries really crippled most of my other teams.
  14. ZeroClub

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks! Sounds like you did o.k. Good luck next week.

8 leagues? It must have kept you busy. I'm an active waiver wire guy, always looking for possible upgrades. I'd go cross-eyed keeping up with 8 teams. :)
  15. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

843 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    Thanks! I'm usually pretty active on the waiver wire as well, but this year was brutal. I almost changed the name of one of my teams to "Waiver Wire Warriors", had one game that only one of the guys I drafted was in the lineup. The rest were either on IR, injured or on a bye.
  16. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

352 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I did pretty bad. Didn't help that I had Manning and Foster in like 3 of 5 leagues. At least Foster was able to come back and score me some big points, but try replacing Manning and out of town for the draft. I don't really care since it was when I was seeing the Cowboys play Vikings in preseason and no fantasy draft is worth that memory of a weekend!

I managed to pull myself out of last place with a lot of player changes and come in second in a Yahoo league. I beat the guy that was undefeated to go to the championship, but went into last night with Ryan, White, Gonzalez, Harper, and Abraham with her having Brees and Decoud. Well, we know how well Brees did and I lost by 14 points. Just one more TD to White or Gonzalez might have put me over. Thanks Atlanta for playing like dog crap.

Not my year for fantasy football. Never good to be gone for the drafts. At least they were all free and for bragging rights only.
  17. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,209 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    I play in just one league each year and i demolished both teams in the playoffs(with Jennings out as well).
  18. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,457 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    In 2 leagues:

1. Missed playoffs on a tiebreaker (I finished 7th, top 6 made playoffs)

2. In our championship game this past week. I finished 2nd in regular season (only a half game behind the #1) but scored by far the most points in the league. Rolled through the playoffs until last week...I had Romo as QB. Got ZERO points from him, lost the championship 107-103. :mad:
  19. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I lost in the championship game by 30 points because Romo, Robinson and Felix didnt play. I should of picked up Royster or the back in Chicago in hindsight but I didnt realize Dallas was going to sit those guys until it was too late.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    11 leagues (I'll never do that again)...4 ESPN, 1 Yahoo, 2 CBS sportsline, 4 NFL.com

10 playoff appearances

7 Championship appearances

So far:
    3 Chamionship games remaining
    2 Championships
    2 runner-ups (including our Cowboyzone ESPN league)