1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How do we deal with DUI's, etc?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BringBackThatOleTimeBoys, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    and how many of them have had a decent personal life? Probably less than 50% of them. Of course there is a bit of difference between doing a little as teens and in their 20's versus doing them their entire lives. The smarter ones knew when to quit.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received

so you are comparing Air Force Pilots taking uppers to keep alert on a mission to losers doing drugs in their home lives?

Wow. just wow. I always knew you had a very slim grasp of the real world.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,416 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    And most people who do drugs do them a little in their teen/young 20 years. I agree that if you're an adult (mid-20s and older) and you regularly overuse drugs or alcohol you have a serious problem, and maybe you could be considered a "loser." But you're telling your kids that one puff of weed once in your life makes you a lifelong loser. At least how you made it sound to me, and maybe the rest of us. Sure, it's fine to tell your kids that because you want to scare your kids out of doing drugs or drinking. Any good parent would do that. But you're preaching it to the rest of us like it's fact. We're not your kids and we're not children. I think we all understand to what extent drug and alcohol abuse makes one a loser.
    BigStar likes this.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,103 Messages
    4,575 Likes Received
    This thread has served its purpose and is being closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.