1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How good has Lissemore been at NT?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RamziD, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    It seemed like he did a good job last week against the Steelers. I noticed more disruptive plays from him than when he plays at DE. To any of you who watch the All-22 or breakdown film, how good has Lissemore been at NT?
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,514 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    How good has he been? He has not been very good at all, but he's had his moments. Even Spears has had his moments.
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,321 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    He's been fine starting the past two games. A lot of people are probably higher on him after the Steelers game because his name was called, but he held his ground against Cincinnati, too.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,024 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    I've keyed in on in the past couple of games and he hasn't been embarrassing himself -- which is about all you can ask considering he isn't a true NT.
  5. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Member

323 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He has played better but still Dallas needs a hoss in the NT position. You need a big guy to take up o lineman in a 3-4 while lb make plays.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Considering he has missed a few games this year and got back starting with the Cinn game I think he is now getting back into game shape. Hopefully he will be able to make a bigger impact over the last couple of games.
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I'd rather play him at end, starting or not and bring him in on nickel downs to rush the passer.

This year we don't have a choice, but next year I'd like to see something like this

LDE- Hatcher, Lissimore
    NT- ???, ???
    RDE- Spears, Crawford

Spears and Ratliff are interchangeable. IMO, only 1 should be on the roster and neither should play the nose. Ratliff is obviously better, but Spears has much less bagage. He has stayed healthy the last 2 years, isn't gonna ***** about playing DE and is much cheaper.

But this leaves us with a gapping whole at NT. It would be great if we could sign some journeyman NT and draft one in either round 1 or 2.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,384 Messages
    1,788 Likes Received
    I did a complete review of him in the Bengals game. I reviewed both the broadcast footage and the All-22. He was very good in that game.

When I originally watched that game, I thought that he was responsible for a running play that resulted in a big gain for the Bengals; however, in review, that play was all on Dan Conner.

9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,559 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    Garrett spoke highly of the job he's done in his conference this week, though that's not exactly surprising. The gist was that he's making little impact plays here and there and that he grades out consistently doing what we ask of him. And he's getting healthier. We're lucky to have a deep DL, that's for sure. For a third string NT, he's doing a great job in my book. If we've really stabilized our S coverage problems with street free agents, this team has patched up a gashing hole in the defense in remarkably little time. Albright playing ILB with some range with Sims out has been another blessing of it's own in that regard. Pretty impressive against some good teams.

If they hold up defensively more or less this weekend, it bodes well for us in WAS and possibly beyond....something I'd have said looked impossible on Thanksgiving day.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Considering how moderately Lissemore has been used, my expectations of him are about as modest as his backup status would reasonably call for. He's filling in for Ratliff and doing a pretty commendable job, IMO. Backups aren't normally expected to take over a position without some loss of efficiency. I view him strictly as a backup and nothing more than that. We could easily do worse.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,559 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    My expectations for him were probably higher than most, but I've viewed him as a starting-quality guy we were lucky to have in the rotation. Same with Brent and, to an increasing extent now, Rat.

Lisemore's play this year has been pretty much in line with my expectation. His first game back he looked a bit hobbled, but since then, he's been steady and done enough little things to help us win. Pretty much all you can ask for.
  12. Doomsday101

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Yes but he has been out of the lineup with a high ankle sprain, prior to the cinn game he was out of the lineup for a few weeks.
  13. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Very true. I'm certainly not ruling out any notion that he may very well improve with added experience. His versatility has been quite valuable, no question there. If he manages to become a starter at some point, so much the better. I'd expect him to gain a bit more bulk if he were to become a starter at NG. As it is, his body is being tailored to suit two positions, that being both DE and NG. Don't misunderstand me, I like him and do believe he has realistic possibilities to improve. As it is, he's doing admirably, IMO.
  14. Doomsday101

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Hard to play on a high ankle sprain Lissemore is a good player I think he is getting his legs back under him. He seemed to have some difficulty in the cinn game but looked better this past game.