1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Good is Dwayne Harris?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,619 Messages
    550 Likes Received
    So do I.

Like the way he bursts once he makes his mind up on direction.

Also shows great balance
  2. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,619 Messages
    550 Likes Received
    Good summary. Well Done
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,065 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    I think that both of these posts are true. One of my favorite players.
  4. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,265 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    I would hesitate to say this too,a #3 guy has to step up to the starting role if we have a injury and i dont think Harris is that guy.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,707 Messages
    5,863 Likes Received
    This.^
  6. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    I'd like to see him and Miles alternate at the slot.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,981 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    This. Just does not have enough in his repertoire. He should be good for 4-5 TDs and 500-600 yards.
  8. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,689 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Dez is the featured WR, and Witten is a close second as far as a featured receiver goes.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,530 Messages
    3,832 Likes Received
    I think Harris can be a big factor for the Cowboys as a slot WR or as an outside WR as well as a very good return man. Also still waiting to see a gadget play that allows Harris to use his skills as a former QB at ECU
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    With how often Miles gets nicked up you are probably going to have a good idea this year. Three year rule in effect.
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,241 Messages
    1,205 Likes Received

I want to be mad at Miles but I cant. Miles and Romo... two guys that should have never been really in the NFL.

I give him a chance to make it up to us.

Yes!
  12. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,819 Messages
    1,584 Likes Received
    Well I certainly didnt mean making Harris the featured guy in the offense, but simply having a set of plays whether it be bubble screens, quick seams, or something of that variety designed to get him the ball in space as opposed to being a "progression" WR, someone who only gets the ball as the QB goes through his progressions and the 1 or 2 guy is not open.
  13. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    The guy reminds me of a smaller DEZ I love what he has done on the field. I love the improvement from him. That is what you want to see out of your draft picks. It would not surprise me at all if he starts to take snaps away from Austin. He has play making ability every time he touches the ball.
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,068 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    I see Harris as a solid and productive #3 receiver. I think he would be an adequate, short term starter in case of injury, but I don't see him as a long term #1 or #2 guy.

I also see him as an excellent punt returner for years to come.
  15. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    If the worst guy on the roster played like Harris and had his talent you would compete for a super bowl every year. He isn't MegaTron, but he is damn solid from my viewpoint with some degree of upside.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    The 2011 draft class looks like it gave us at least 4 players.

Tyron Smith
    Bruce Carter
    DeMarco Murray
    Dwayne Harris

maybe Arkin, but I kind of doubt it.
  17. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    He's exactly the type of player you want on your football team. Maybe he never starts, but between his work in the slot, and punt returns, his impact can be about as big as a starting-caliber player. I would love to see him as a life-long Cowboy if at all possible.
  18. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    This is very interesting in that IIRC we actually cut Harris and he did not make it to the 53 man roster, yet he is here, now, and contributing. So, in a way, I guess it didn't hurt to cut him.

On the other hand we obviously valued Arkin a lot more than Harris, because we made room for him on the 53 man roster and have never exposed him to the possibility of losing him to another team yet he hasn't really played for us. His upside must be deemed to be tremendous! Didn't we give a 4th round pick for him? Why would you give a 4th round pick for a guy to have him sit for several years to play? Couldn't we do that with a UDFA or a later pick? Then to keep him on the roster ...... I just don't see us doing that for a guy who just might "contribute" at some point. You only do that for a guy who you think can turn into a really good player (starter) for you. And if that is the case .... why haven't we seem him play .... at least a little bit? :eek:
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    It was the year of the strike and not much time to really evaluate players.
    A 6th round pick would have been much easier to sneak through waivers than a 4th rounder. Harris also tweaked a hammy.

But as I recall, Harris did lead the team in all WR categories in preseason his 1st year...and again last year, for that matter.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,530 Messages
    3,832 Likes Received
    Thing I like with Harris is he very good about getting yards after the catch.