1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How great was Palin's speech? Check this out!

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/sep/04/breaking-sarah-palin-winged-her-speech-bec/

Posted by: Erick Erickson

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 01:00AM

64 Comments

Image descriptionHalfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner.
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I heard about that. All the mroe amazing.

A certain someone we know on the top of the dem ticket would have crashed and burned.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And he did.
  4. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,979 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    A republican that speaks well - This must be so exciting for the republican party, i mean after having to endure Bush for the past 8 years.
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, that boorish Bush was so terrible he won back to back terms.

:laugh2:
  6. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,060 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    The Dems bash Bush all of the time, yet had no one during those 8 years that could beat him...lol...:)
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is true.

I can't watch Bush deliver a speech... he makes me too nervous with his gaffes and speaking style.

She did a great job last night. It's great to once again be able to inspired by a leader who shares my ideas!
  8. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I could see the teleprompter scrolling from where I was sitting, and it definitely seemed to be off at some point... although how far off it was and for how long I could not tell.

She also had a printed copy of her speech in front of her, but she only glanced at it fleetingly during long applause breaks.

It was a fantastic moment! You could tell she was nervous at the very beginning, but that all disappeared quickly and she delivered a speech to remember!
  9. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Honestly I dont have a problem with GWB's speeches. Is he a great speaker? Absolutely not, but he isnt a see-right-through him phoney either like so many others.

Palin on the other hand is both a genuine person and a great speaker.
  10. utrunner07

utrunner07 Well-Known Member

9,012 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    I could care less if she can memorize a speech or not, or if she is a good speaker, does not mean jack...Hitler was a GREAT public speaker and he never used a teleprompter....

She is a good VP becuase of her values, records and stances...I wish people would quit making it about all this other junk.
  11. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Yes it is a nice change. Chance we all can believe in. Change that is good. Change that is right.
    :D
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Geez, the point was that since she was under tremendous pressure to perform last night she was already a bit nervous (understandably). Then in the face of this, she went through and did a great job on top of the problems. Nobama just spitters and putters when this happens. If He isn't good under small amounts of pressure like that, what can we expect if he is the POTUS?
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received

What we really need is a community organizer that speaks well! :bow:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  14. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,979 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    You are ripping Obama for getting flustered while delivering a public speech - Bush is by far one of the worst public speakers I have ever seen. Is your criticism of Obama's speaking stemming from a long time of embarasment from having to defend Bush while watching him look clueless on tv ? My point is that all of a sudden you are praising Palin for being a great speaker, ripping Obama for "spittering and puttering" when the teleprompter isnt working, but the past 8 years i guess the art and value of public speaking was greatly downplayed because Bush was just horendus.

And while Bush did win back to back elections and public speaking is not the most important aspect of being a leader, i still think it ranks pretty high on the list.

To say Obama will not be able to handle pressure because he became flustered when there were technical problems is rediculous in light of your defense of Bush who is 10 times worse than obama when it comes to speaking.
  15. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Note to Hoov

Bush is not running for President or VP this time around.

If you didn't already know its ummm

Obama and Biden (D) and McCain and Palin (R)

May I suggest focusing your aggression on the actual participants in this election?
  16. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received

It's all they've got..... just listen to everything the left has to say... "More of the same" blah blah blah
  17. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Danny you weren't one of those goofy people who went through all the great things about their state.... then "respectfully passed" were you?

That Wisconsin guy comes to mind. "WISCONSIN, the Badger state and home of the Republican Party!!!!" (hands outstretched, palms in the air) .........respectfully passes!!!" Yayyyyy!
  18. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

That was not DW. DW was the guy that was next to that guy. Danny had the "Brett Favre, Come Back. Come back Brett!!" sign in his hands. :cool:
  19. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was not a delegate... although I think it would be cool to be a Palin delegate in 2012. :p:

I was just there for one day to support some of the events my clients were hosting at the convention, and it turned out I got lucky and was there for the speech of the convention last night!

I wasn't "on the floor" with the delegates, but I did have an excellent seat in the second level right in front of the stage... that's how I had the view of the text running on the teleprompter (couldn't read it but could see when it was scrolling and when it was not).
  20. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,979 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    suggest anything you like.

i dont have aggression toward either candidate, but i dont like either so i'll remain a spectator through this election.

my post was in response to cajun and intended to show how rediculous it is for anyone who has supported Bush in the past to comment on poor public speaking. I beleive the message was pretty obvious but you chose to ignore it.