1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How long is the draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Afigueroa22, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I am in Vegas and it is showing at 5 which is fine because I can watch it at work but I get off at 7 so any chance it lasts longer than that? I don't want to miss a single pick in the first round because I'm driving home.
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,966 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Last year, the first round took three hours and 30 minutes.
  3. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received

start faking sickness at about 11 am then run to the bathroom and pretend to throw up, rub muesli on your chin to make it look like puke and then you can leave at about 1pm................
  4. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    That's what I'm afraid of. Well this year might be a little shorter because of luck and RG3.
  5. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,057 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Wow. I thought it lasted a little longer than that. I can remember the days when the first round last 7 hours by itself.
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    If either one of those take more than a minute they are just playing for the camera attention
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    In 2009, it lasted that long, because most teams were taking the whole time (which was 15 minutes), waiting for someone to call with a trade offer. Last year, totally different story. It was like the teams had a plane to catch. I just remember Berman or Eisen repeatedly having to cut off whoever was (over)analyzing the previous pick, because the next pick was in.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    True, but with the lack of blue chippers, teams may take more time taking or waiting for trade offers.
  9. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

Yeah I bet the Redskins take their sweet-a** time.
  10. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    it's scheduled for 3 and a half hours but until #14 is called or the cowboys pick is called it will feel like 1 year.
  11. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,067 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Naw. Try taking a swallow of chewing tobacco juice. Just go to the restroom, take a bite, swallow the juice, spit out the tobacco, and wait a few minutes. In about 5 minutes you'll break into a sweat, and will be as sick as a dog. But don't worry, as soon as you puke, you'll feel instantly 100% better. Just make sure someone is there to see you sweat, moan, and puke and you're home free. Worked for me several times to leave school early. ;)
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,752 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    You know the Skins are going to milk it for all they can.

:laugh2:
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,804 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    The year the Vikings couldn't get a pick in was the longest, most painful thing I've ever seen in a draft. That was hard to watch.

:laugh2:
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Just listen to it on the radio. ESPN and Fox radio have it live with analysis that's as good as what is on TV.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,380 Likes Received
    They shortened it to appease the whining casual fans who apparently were forced to sit through the marathon.

This version of the draft is vastly inferior to the old bunker down draft weekend.

For that alone, I'd fire then forearm smash Goodell.