1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Many Games Does Romo Get...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dogstar, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Dogstar

Dogstar New Member

174 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Romo doesn't perform, or rather, if he performs like he did against the Giants, how many games does he get before he gets yanked?

Is he in for the season no matter what or do we give Bledsoe another shot?
  2. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    in for the season, barring major injury.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    yea, he would have to struggle very, very badly in order to get yanked

i dont see that happening
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He gets the season, unless he looks completely lost. He won't play that bad, and I actually think he will be lighting it up by seasons end, which is what we need to see.
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,119 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Minimum of 10, hopefully more.
  6. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,295 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Right now he is the only option that gives this team the best chance to win. Our season rests in the hands of an undrafted rookie QB.:eek:
  7. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    If he "drives the bus" and doesn't act like he has to do everything, he'll be there for awhile IMO.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If it makes you feel better, I remember reading that he was receiving calls from five different teams immediately after the draft. Everyone trying to get something for nothing.
  9. CowboyBlog

CowboyBlog New Member

600 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I say that he gets yanked if he plays like he did last week. The big knock on Bledsoe is that he would play well against the bad teams but couldn't win against the good teams.

If Romo cant win against the good teams, then it would be stupid to find out if he can win against the bad ones. We already have a QB that can do that.

In my opinion, you put Bledsoe back in for the next two games to attempt to salvage a playoff road game out of the season.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about a situation where Romo plays well and we lose by 3 points. I'm talking about a repeat of last week where he would throw 6 ints and take 4-5 sacks and we get blown out again.

The irony is that for Romo to succeed, he has to make better throws and take a sack when necessary instead of throwing into coverage. Yes, he has to play more like Bledsoe to keep from being a failure.
  10. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,147 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
    Assuming he's the QB for the next 10 games, Romo will be up against pass defenses that (right now) rank an average of 20th in defensive passer rating.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,346 Messages
    4,309 Likes Received
    The question should be before the fans turn on him... which would be this road trip.

As for Parcells, Romo is prolly in for the long haul, however if he stinks up the joint too badly, Parcells has already told Bledsoe to stay ready and it wasn't just to cater to his ego.
  12. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bingo. I just hope he doesn't "Chutch" it up. ;)
  13. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I hope 10......depends on how well he plays. We've gone this far....let's go all the way.
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,440 Messages
    773 Likes Received

ditto.
  15. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Benched

229 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I give him two.. Then he is traded for last years Mr. Irrelevant, Next year...

And then Brady "the Truth" quinn is drafted.. Maybe then Fasano will get the rock in the endzone instead of forcing the rock to Terry...
  16. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    I say the rest of the year....because, he will play that good!
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    who calls him "the truth?"

why?
  18. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,256 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    He can play all season like he did against the Giants...2 td's, 3 int's--one for a TD...that would be typical of a first time starter, and they'd probably leave him in all year.

But you let him play two games like he did against NY as far as the INT's, but take away the scores and offensive yardage, and he'll have to be replaced, even if it's only game to game because you can't allow your team to be totally destroyed or embarrassed...you owe the other 42 guys more than that.

He'll probably be okay because they'll call the game in such a way to protect him as much as possible....as long as the defense improves their play, BP will manage Romo to keep the games close until he sees enough to totally turn him loose...could be tonight, could be never.
  19. CowboyBlog

CowboyBlog New Member

600 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Very well said.
  20. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    :lmao: You funny