1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How much better would we be with Brockers, Wagner and Warford?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by keds, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

646 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Much better. Or possibly the same. Maybe a little bit better.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,985 Messages
    4,152 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Wait. Why do I have to die when we finally fix the O-line?!
    Zordon likes this.
  3. Risen Star

18,985 Messages
    4,152 Likes Received
    I love the people who say, well we can't even count Warford...he wasn't on our board.

So what? He should have been on the board. Results matter. Larry Warford was an obvious fit, value and need for this team and we didn't even consider him. Not that we just didn't pick him. He wasn't even in the discussion. That should speak volumes of the talent evaluators we have on this team.

Give me Gavin Escobar in the 4th round to groom behind Witten for a couple of years and I'm fine with it. Taking him over a completely superior player at a much more critical need in the 2nd round I am not. That was a horrific pick.
    BIGDen likes this.
  4. Risen Star

18,985 Messages
    4,152 Likes Received
    The general theme late April, 2012: Well if it saved us from Brockers and Wagner, give me Mo every time.

~snicker~
    visionary likes this.
  5. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

482 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Just a reminder of JJ foolishness. And how it has cost this team.
  6. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

482 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    This is the difference those guys would have made... Blockers this season 3.5 sacks 26 tackles most likely will finish the season with a solid season projected 45 tackles 7 sacks, he would have filled a need for us this year. Bobby Wagner, 60 tackles , 1 int ..projected to finish the season with 120 tackles 3 ints and 3 sacks. Would have help solidified our LB core with Lee and Carter. And lastly Watford, enuff said. Lions starter and would have solidfied a young offensive line core for years to come.

The negatives of this ? We still need a cb. But to be honest we still do.Because Mo is a bust and Jenkins as of now would be a better option.
    silver likes this.
  7. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Never apparently.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,269 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    You can count me in as one who like the move to draft Mo. I don't watch a ton of college football and had never seen him play so hearing that he was highest rated DB since Deion had me on board.

Think it's pretty clear to say that whoever gave him that grade screwed the pooch.
  9. dropdeadfred5

dropdeadfred5 Active Member

145 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    The fact that we left Warford off of our board completely indicates we found something about him far worse then weight control or minor mental problems.
    lostar2009 likes this.
  10. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

349 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    An honest discussion about Morris Claiborne being a huge disappointment would be a lot more sensible than this.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,269 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    Would the team be tons better? I doubt it. 3 guys won't make a team but neither does 1 guy.

The difference would be that heading into this offseason Dallas wouldn't need to fill the holes that they have now because those guys aren't there. Just the facts. If you have multiple spots of need and blow your wad on a single position you just delay the inevitable and suffer with the weak link.

The team would definitely less susceptible to key injuries because you have other players who could step up if a star goes down. As it is now, the team is just looking around for someone to suit up.
  12. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

482 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    We should have double dip on the oline. It was set up for us but we wanted the tight end.
  13. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,436 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    When the question hasn't been asked 10,000 times preferably.
  14. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

267 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I'm surprised none of you have brought up drafting Smith over Watt, who is the best defender in football.

As for Mo being a bust, I think that's a little presumptuous. People wanted to cut Dez his sophmore year, and we know how stupid that sounds now.

But I guess people are unable to learn patience.
  15. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    there really hasn't been much discussion over brockers/wagner.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    i really want to know how warford and reed weren't even on our boards. something tells me its the whole RKG choir boy thing garrett has going which is even more of an indictment on the philosophy.
  17. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,436 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Are you serious? LOL