1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How much do you surf the web with a mobile device?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reality, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,845 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    This has nothing to do with CowboysZone and is simply for research purposes.

I really just need people to vote in this poll rather than respond though any general non-CowboysZone related comments are welcome!

/reality
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,716 Messages
    998 Likes Received
    25-50%

I rarely "surf" though.

Most every web search or url typed is for finding an answer to something or checking out a site I work on or researching competitors of my clients.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,098 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    10-25% but it must be noted that even that is questionable to a degree.

While I really don't surf many sites on my phone minus the Cowboyszone during games...most of that online time I included in my answer would be stuff like Facebook, Twitter and some games that go online.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    I generally surf my phone whenever I'm away from laptop. So whenever I'm moving around there are better chances of me surfing my phone than if I'm at home.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I will not take part in your Borgish approach to data mining me, Google....er Reality.

:mad:
  6. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,845 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    If I really wanted to data mine I would just look at analytics reports. I wanted a more personal response from users I know rather than a general overview. Asking this way will only give me a very small sample of mobile device usage, but it will mean more to me since these are people I know.

/reality
  7. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is me, too.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,716 Messages
    998 Likes Received

You are taking part(YOU ARE the Interwebs) whether you like it or not...

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have to be honest w/ you. There is not a mobile browser I enjoy enough that would make me want to use my phone to browse more often. Rarely am I outside an application. Facebook has its app for me as well as Twitter. I surf the Zone on my phones browser (Chrome-Dolphin), but VB is a very fast forum and most browsers handle it flawlessly.

So for me, I browse the web probably 15% of the time on my hand-held. If I had a better browser, I could easily see that number rise substantially.

It is that and evern though I have an S3 w/ the large screen, it is still much to small for comfortable web surfing for my taste.
  10. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Only with my tablet.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    since i got my nexus, i do tend to use my computer less and have had to change up my radio site to be more mobile friendly.

about 5 months ago my nephew (around 23) got married so i took pics of the wedding, edited them, zipped them all up into a huge file and told him he can download it.

after a few snags, he told me it was on his phone. he doesn't even *have* a computer. neither did his wife.

so to ensure i don't lose that crowd, i had to create an iphone and andoid app (both companies are a pain in the hineyhole to work with) to ensure they can listen in.
  12. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Almost never. However, I will ask my son to do that every once in a while. I work from home, so I haven't bought a mobile phone for myself in years. It's all desktop and laptop for me.
  13. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,167 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Same here.

Too frustrating to zoom and scroll through sites not having mobile pages.

Look at me being lazy. haha.
  14. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Only time I use my PC now is when using my phone is overly difficult. Like writing a paper. I have gone 3 weeks not using a computer and exclusively using my phone.
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Less than 500MB a month ;)
  16. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,311 Messages
    1,747 Likes Received
    I basically abandoned my MacBook when I got my iPad. I only use my MacBook now for things like typing reports and downloading large files, such as movies and music albums. I got an iPad initially for portable use since it was a pain lugging around a MacBook in my backpack all day. But I've found myself using the iPad much more than the MacBook, even when just at home surfing the web. I would say 80-90% of my overall use is on my iPad. I don't have a cell phone so I can't tell you about that. I've been phone-less for 2 years now.
  17. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

656 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I don't own a cell phone and the only time I ever have is when I worked as an AF recruiter since I had to be available all the time, I absolutely despise being available all the time. When I leave the house my wife will ask me to take hers, no thanks. Nothing annoys me more than seeing a room full of people with nobody talking just a bunch of heads buried in phones.
  18. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,311 Messages
    1,747 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree. I have apps on my iPad that allow me to do some phone things. I have textPlus which is a standard text app that can text anyone's cell phone and gives you a generic number (some Ohio area code). Then I have Talkatone which uses Google Talk, but I only have it set up so that I can make calls but no one can call me. I got rid of my cell phone 2 years ago because it was getting annoying.
  19. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Only if I don't have my PC of iPad.
  20. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,476 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Voted and posting with the basic kindle (4th gen). It's annoying.