1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How much does Chuckie (Gruden) want to coach in Big D next year? *Merge*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JethroPugh, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I like his intesity and fire, but he's not a good fit to our current players imo
  2. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,107 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I think he does pretty well in the booth. I think having two football minds in there works well, especially when Gruden cuts Tirico out of the convo, "Did you see that Jaws?" "Jaws, look at that block, he's getting after it!"
  3. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im not a fan of Gruden....

I think he is overrated as a coach.....took a talented team to the SB against his former team that was still using his plays.......

Plus there were numerous players calling him a gutless coach and talked from both sides of his mouth.....players stop trusting him in Tampa....

Sorry....no Gruden for me......and no Shanahan either.....
  4. Trendnet

Trendnet Active Member

722 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Gruden and his GM Bruce Allen hand picked all those players.

The Glazers let him have free reign over that franchise.

Gruden ran the Buccaneers into the ground... alienated his players, had the fans turn on him.

Gruden wouldn't survive in Dallas. Because he's not very good.

But hey... he makes a mean face and looks like a horror doll! He must be good.
  5. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,011 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I agree. My first impression was that he was just awful. I was wondering how in the world they chose him. But he warmed up quickly--he made a lot of very sharp comments throughout the night.

I still don't like his voice and delivery but what he had to say was actually informative and interesting. He's a nice addition so far.
  6. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I thought Millen was ok, but Young really went out of his way to rag DALLAS. He talks all week about how Romo can't be the reason you lose, and then he bags on him. Can't have it both ways.
  7. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think the same way, too. During the draft, you hardly heard anything negative about a kid from Gruden. I don't agree about not having in the booth. He's a MUCH better improvement over Tony Corndogger.
  8. KalEl 94

KalEl 94 Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was it me or did it seem like Gruden was really positive about this team? Was he posturing for a possible interview with JJ? I'd love to have Gruden coach this team next year.
  9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,311 Messages
    184 Likes Received
  10. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't know if I would want him coaching the team or anything, but I thought he was good on MNF. He gave pretty good coach's insight, and he was not nearly as critical as a lot of the supposed "know-it-alls".