1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How the hell can we get Rob Ryan to stop rushing 3?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newnationcb, Nov 18, 2012.

1. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Especially against rookie QBs like he did against Weeden and Russell in Seattle?

It's obvious this team is not built for that. And these rushes aren't getting anywhere.

It's the main reason some fans think our front 7 is garbage-even though we were clearly missing a run stopping LDE in Coleman today. You have these talented CBs and some rushers and you just neutralize them by allowing each person to be double teamed?
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,042 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    By getting him some safeties he can trust.

Sensabaugh played much better today, but generally Ryan plays like he is worried about getting killed over the top
  3. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,936 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    3man front no different than 5 guys coming for Dallas.

Pass rush overall is very inconsistant
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,033 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    We dont have good zone DBs. Very rarely do you see one of our DBs in zone diagnose a pass play and make a play on the ball...
  5. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Only if you knew.

1st half, predominantly 3 man rush. 2nd half, 4 and 5 man rush. Big difference!
  6. Blitz88

Blitz88 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We were able to get decent pressure in the second half, or at least I thought so. We sacked Weeden a couple of times, Spencer forced and recovered a fumble, etc... But I agree with the above poster, I think it's because of our Safety play, Rob is worried of getting beat over the top.

If Church was healthy and back there, I think it would be different.
  7. Blitz88

Blitz88 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very true, we were rushing 1-2 more guys in the second half, and it made all the difference.
  8. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    The formula is simple rush 3 and you get picked apart even by a rookie. I guess Rob likes to get picked apart sometimes.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    An injury to one of our CB's?
  10. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    For the life of me I can't see why you didn't get the interview when Ryan was hired. If JJ ony knew what a great football mind you had, our troubles as DC fans would be over.
  11. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I've defended the d all year but if I had 1 ***** that would be it. I thought when we got carr and claiborne it was for us to blitz more. I'm happy with the d overall though. If you told me that our offense was gonna be avg 18ppg after 10 games I wouldn't have had us at 5-5 right now. Our d is the reason we are 5-5 and not 3-7.
  12. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I am no brain surgeon either but I know an ax head between the eyes ain't how you do it. Carry on.
  13. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,037 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Well every time he runs it we give up the first down. I bet that offenses are running at 85% conversion against that defense.
  14. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    We could have been 1-9 w/o this D, which has been pretty good, if inconsistent and nervewracking, all year. They do a whole lot of bending but don't allow very many points.