1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How the Horns fared in workouts for NFL scouts

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 31, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    How the Horns fared in workouts for NFL scouts Ralph Barrera/AMERICAN-STATESMAN

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/how-the-horns-fared-in-workouts-for-nfl-497320.html

How'd the Longhorns do?

Coaches or scouts from 30 NFL teams were on hand Wednesday to watch potential Longhorns draft picks work out. Here's how each helped — or hurt — his stock:

Lamarr Houston, DT: Houston opted to stick with his times from the NFL combine and only went through position drills. He's still in the second-round range.

Sergio Kindle, DE: Like Houston, Kindle allowed his times from the combine to stand. He participated in position drills and did nothing to dispel talk that he'd be the top ‘hybrid' defensive end on everyone's draft board.

Colt McCoy, QB: McCoy did nothing in Wednesday's morning session, but completed 55 straight passes in the afternoon. All snaps were from center, with McCoy taking three-, five- and seven-step drops.

Roddrick Muckelroy, LB: Muckelroy, who could play inside or outside linebacker, tried to better his time in the 40. Some stopwatches had him in the 4.6 range, a tenth of a second drop from his combine time.

Jordan Shipley, WR: Shipley didn't improve his time that much from the combine, running between 4.48 and 4.58. However, he didn't drop a pass from McCoy. Seattle coach Pete Carroll said he loved watching Shipley's game film.

Charlie Tanner, OG: Tanner didn't get a combine invite, but he showed great athleticism for a 305-pounder, posting a vertical of 36 inches. That's a jump similar to what Kindle posted at the combine. He also had a 1.79 second time in the opening 10 yards of the 40, a key barometer for linemen.

Earl Thomas, S: The safety, who has dropped six pounds to 202 since the combine, ran a 40 in an average of 4.35 seconds. He tweaked a hamstring and didn't do position drills.

Adam Ulatoski, LT: The offensive tackle was measured at 6-foot-6, an inch taller than at the combine. He ran 40 times of 5.58 and 5.56.

— Suzanne Halliburton
  2. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    We'll be stupid not to look at that LT kid. By draft day, he'll be 6"8 :eek:

Actually, the mavs will be stupid not to look at him.
  3. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i think he might pull a bigg and bust as tackle but be an awesome guard, its hard to tell with tackles in the spread
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,315 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    I love the Horns but I would be leery about the OL coming out this year for Texas. I think they do a decent job in pass protection but not much in the running game.