1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How will this season end?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EvilJerry88, Nov 16, 2013.

1. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

221 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    7-9, and if that's really the case I hope Garrett and Kiffin get the boot. Get some new coaches in here and try again next year.
  2. T-RO

T-RO Benched

4,396 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    It could end in pain. More likely it ends in apathy. We could be out of the running for the division before long.
    George likes this.
  3. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,250 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    How will this season end?

Badly by the looks of it.
  4. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I really don't have any confidence in this team. This is a team that must be carried by its offense and so far they've shown no ability to shoulder that responsibility. That's the reason for the Underachievement this year. The defense is a MASH unit. It is what it is. I believe they beat OAK only the rest of the way and go 6-10. Not sure if that even gets JG fired though he should be if that's the teams record.
  5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

945 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    this and we will win 1 playoff game
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,431 Messages
    6,490 Likes Received
    Yes I do. The Super Bowl will be played weeks after the Cowboys season has ended. Like a month after.

The NFL was a lot more fun when the Cowboys were a contender.

Certainly fans are allowing it. Jerry can't do what he does without butts in the seats and merchandise flying off the shelf. If everybody was like me there'd be an immediate change. But unfortunately there's enough of you in the fan base, people willing to accept mediocrity as some test of team loyalty, that allows Jerry to micromanage this team without it ever hurting his bottom line financially.

He's got no reason to change thanks to your Go Cowboys! tattoo.

They're in contention. For the competition of worst ever NFC East champion. They're not in contention for anything after that. Spare me the any given Sunday nonsense. There is a 0% chance this team wins anything noteworthy this year. They're mismanaged and they lack talent.

So when you scoff at the fan "giving up" while tied for the division lead you seem to not understand what he's saying and why he's right. He's not giving up on the division. He doesn't care. Because he knows it's meaningless. Congrats, you're the chubby chick surrounded by fatties. Who cares?
  7. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I posted this in another thread but it applies here as to why I think Garrett should be out if this season continues to spiral downward:

Garrett was brought here for his offensive "innovation and expertise." The offense during his tenure as coordinator/ head coach has had one consistently explosive season- 2007. For that reason alone he should be fired if this team falters again. If the offense can't be consistent and produce points then Garrett being here is pointless. He's had more than enough time to make this thing go and has plenty of offensive firepower. That's the issue as I see it.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,313 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received

You sound a little chippy this afternoon...................whats wrong, the USS Garrett is taking on water and listing bad?
  9. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    The parallels between this team and the 1999-2000 Cowboys (stagger into the playoffs at 8-8 despite doing everything they could to give it away, get destroyed by Minnesota in round 1, have the bottom completely fall out in 2000 and wind up with something like one third of the cap in dead money in 2001) are positively staggering.

Then, as now we had people deluding themselves into thinking the team was talented enough to make one more run.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It's right around the corner.
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,677 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I guarantee the season will end with a loss for the Cowboys.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    The season ends in one of two ways:

1) Home playoff win, or

2) Art Briles is mysteriously absent from Baylor's practices during bowl week.
  13. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,199 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    8-8 once again, 1 game behind the eagles and out of the playoffs. The only positive is that Garrett should be fired.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,963 Messages
    4,818 Likes Received
    Meh. You've got it all figured out, so I'm not going to argue your future outcomes with you. Not even when you keep trying to bait me by misusing the word 'meaningless' on purpose.
  15. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,677 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    How can the season end with a home playoff win?
  16. Idgit

28,963 Messages
    4,818 Likes Received
    Nah, BfE. You should know me better than that. If Garrett ever takes on water, I'll probably say I think firing him was a mistake, and then I'll try to get behind the next guy, unless I absolutely hate him the way I hated Rob Ryan or Deion Sanders, and then I'll say that I hate the hire and deal with it then.

I don't let the fact that a handful of fans on a message board are on a tear against the HC affect my mood one way or another. I'll argue with them for the appearance of turning belly-up prematurely, though. I'm always down for a good debate.
  17. Idgit

28,963 Messages
    4,818 Likes Received
    Good point.
  18. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    I should've qualified that comment with "Garrett is retained because the Cowboys won a home playoff game."
  19. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Brought to you by the same guys who thought Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Chad Hutchinson, Clint Storner, and Ryan Leaf were are potential NFL starters.