1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How would you evaluate Mo's 2012 season??

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Jan 3, 2013.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Just wondering what others honestly saw in Mo's play? Great-Very Good-Good-Below Avg.-Poor-Potential Bust. Grade his Cover ability and tackling ability separately--A-B-C-D-F.
  2. canters

canters Active Member

1,778 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I would rate him as having a solid rookie year. Using a letter grading system, perhaps a B or B-.

Cover abilty B
    Tackling B-.

JMO
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    He gets an A, A-
  4. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, he wasn't the best rookie CB in the league this year. Hopefully he lives up to all the hype, and stupid trade.
  5. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

1,988 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Had some flashes and some road blocks. He was solid for a rookie CB. Most struggle. His problem was dealing with the strength of NFL recievers. A offseason and his experience will help him. I'll give him a B- as his grade for the year.
  6. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,015 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    how about I - Incomplete...I don't judge rookies in their first year, they're so raw, they're lucky to find the stadium on gameday
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    B-

Not as great as Terence Newman's rookie year but Newman had 3 years of age on him
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,079 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I would give him a C. I think he played too tentative at times. I do think he will be a much improved player as he moves forward. Too me he often looked like he was worried about giving up big plays that he was not as aggressive as he needed to be
  9. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I think he can be a playmaker if we fix the get more pressure on the QB. There was never a doubt in my mind that he has tremendous potential.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,526 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    To be honest, I'm not sure he looks like anything special. Not saying he can't play or is a bust or anything like that, just that I don't know if he's ever going to be that great.
  11. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

298 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Didn't live up to the hype. Hoping for more than just an avg cb play in the future. C
  12. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I would second that in a heartbeat. He did everything but get interceptions.
  13. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    That's where losing Barry Church really hurt us.
  14. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,172 Messages
    1,109 Likes Received
    Not once did I see him display any attributes that made me think he a superior player in terms of speed, quickness, physicality, or ball awareness.

That's not to say I thought he sucked in any of any of those areas either.

I guess what I am saying is if you didn't tell me he was a top 1st round draft pick and just said "watch this guy and tell me what you think" I'd say he was "OK".
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,809 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    I think he did well throughout the season.

What shocked me more than anything was how fast he adapted. He was playing good from the get go.

There is plenty of room for improvement, he is a rookie after all.

Whether he improves or not remains to be seen.

For his rookie year I would give him a B.

Not too shabby for one of the more difficult positions to learn as a rookie.
  16. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

926 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    All the hype was that for a rookie the first year was going to be tough and he was going to be picked on, I would say we have a keeper, I can see why they traded the second pick for him, look at what the other teams fans are saying, they know we have something in him. We lucked out on him as his head is on straight to go with his immense talent.
  17. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,721 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    Solid B, better than Patrick Petersen's rookie season if you take away the punt returns. For the illiterate that means defensive play only.
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,172 Messages
    1,109 Likes Received
    Anybody know what the opposing QB rating against Mo was? Occasionally I see stats like that thrown out for CBs in the media but have never figured out who tracks (and publishes them).
  19. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,173 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I expected more of a ballhawk, but I understand playing conservative with these safeties.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,246 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    I'd give him a solid B. He was not in the elite class of CBs in the NFL but he was certainly among the best Rookie performers at any position IMO. It's not easy to come in as a Rookie and start against some of the WRs in this League. I think he'll only get better.

Was he worth what we paid for him? Only time will tell there.