1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How would you evaluate Mo's 2012 season??

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

244 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    B+ in man C- in zone coverage
  2. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    C average play, below average tackling, average coverage..About as average as they get. Not bad for a rookie. Better than Ball and some of the scrubs we had here before.
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It would be interesting if we had his PFF completions against stats, I believe that they must be close to the bottom for starters. It's got to be one of the hardest rookie positions in the game, but I thought that he had a rough year regardless.

He didn't seem to have many mental lapses, which is admirable for a rookie, more concerning from my perspective though, was his lack of quickness. He was supposed to be a really gifted physical player, and I didn't see much evidence of that. I think that he played tentatively for the same reason an aging Newman did... he couldn't keep up with receivers.

C
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Yeah or completions against? I saw a stat earlier in the year that was really bad, but he improved somewhat after that.
  5. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    He's hit hard on short quick passes, but he had a pretty good season. B
  6. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Him and Carr are completely different in man coverage. Too bad they couldn't play it
  7. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,141 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    cb has to be one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL. Give him another year or two before you grade him. I think he will be a pro bowler eventually.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Makes you wonder what the heck the front-office was thinking extending Sensabaugh last season and relying on unproven Barry Church as the starting safeties.

IMHO, they way over-invested in the CB position and because of it basically fielded what may have been the worst set of starting and backup safeties in the NFL.

Any surprise the pass defense ranking actually dropped form 2011 and was ranked as one of the worst in the NFL?
  9. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

244 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Yeah. They played alot of man the final game it looked good. If only we could of stopped the run.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,821 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    He's going to how a nice career.
    I'm not really sure how to grade a rookie.
    As a "rookie"? B+ as a NFL CB? B-/C+

I'm also not sure I would have made that trade in hindsite either. He may end up being the 3-4th best CB in that draft, so burning a mid 1st and second rounder is rich.
    But if he gives us 8-10 strong years, it was probably worth it.
  11. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    did not like the trade up for a AVERAGE CB

we lost out on some good O linemen

what we needed

not band aids like Livings and Birdenow
  12. KLJ

KLJ Member

249 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    i'll give him a "c". i expected more out of him but perhaps my expectations were just too high.
  13. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,172 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    lol I was like lol
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,683 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Teams hardly threw at him other than on short routes where its virtually impossible to attack the ball.

If Dallas can ever get quality safety play and keep Lee and Carter healthy to patrol the middle QBs will have to challenge our corners and we will see how good they really are. Claiborne will flourish if that ever happens.
  15. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,199 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    That's not his game, never has been.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    he did not tackle.
  17. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,172 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    We must have read different scouting reports.

Everything I came across said this guy had amazing ball skills and was pretty much like a WR at DB.
  18. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

648 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I agree, I wouldn't give him an A because of it but a "B". Like most said He's a rookie. The one thing I like about him is that he kept going FOR the ball. If he was trying to bring his man down or coming in for a gang takle he always went for the ball.

Also Rob Ryans system take a lot of learn I think he shows how smart he is to pick it up and not have to many bad plays, all things said he can only get better.
  19. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

801 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    For a rookie? Outstanding. A for coverage, probably a C for tackling.

Looks like he'll be something really special.
  20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,232 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    The guy played ALOT better then the previous best CB in the draft in his rookie yr (patrick peterson)

Grade B