1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

how would you like to go against 699 other applicants?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I probably have I got my last two jobs applying through web sites like Monster and got them. In the sites there is no real way to use off color paper to make your resume standout. I keep my simple and two the point and roughly two pages and I tend to get job hits.

I am still getting job hits almost two years later I have it hidden and have not updated it in that time
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can see that
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I didn't realize janitors made that much. Not that it's much, but it's better than minimum wage.

You have to feel for those people, though, those are tough odds.
  5. DCgirl13

DCgirl13 New Member

380 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saw that article the other day and couldn't believe it! This economy is terrible, but that is pretty good pay for sweeping and mopping floors. I'm glad to have a job, but I'm still looking for a better one, but it's been really hard.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,400 Messages
    581 Likes Received

Hey man, you can make a good life if you are a janitor at a private school and stuff like that. For people that want an fair to easy job, and good benefits and dont want the hassle of fighting life.
  7. DallasFanSince86

DallasFanSince86 Pessimism Sucks

2,056 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My mom is a janitor here for the public school system. She works in a school for pregnant students and students who are already mothers. She does get paid good money but the teachers and students can be really nasty (mainly in the bathroom). She has all kinds of stories about messes she had to clean up.
  8. DCgirl13

DCgirl13 New Member

380 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They should get paid a little more for all the crap they deal with...literally.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've worked retail, and I've heard women's bathrooms are nasty

it's funny, because janitors tell me that men's bathrooms are pristine compared to women's bathrooms

the stories I could tell you of what female employees have seen in the bathroom is ridiculous
  10. DallasFanSince86

DallasFanSince86 Pessimism Sucks

2,056 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're right.

Yep, I have been told the same thing.
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I ain't knockin' it.
    Any honest work is good work, as far as I'm concerned.