1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Howard to Mavs?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Corleone, May 11, 2011.

1. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Ive been hearing a lot of random rumors about Dwight Howard having Dallas on his list of 4 teams he would like to be traded to. The New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers.

This seems random to me, I guess if you think about it we could offer them a nice package but do we want him here if something happened and the possibility became real? According to this radio show I was listening to, he would clash with Dirk but who knows. It would suck if he went to LA.

Want him in Big D?
  2. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    I would guess LA if he's traded.
  3. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    If there is some kind of franchise tag he isn't going anywhere
  4. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
  5. RobK26

RobK26 New Member

55 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say keep the German happy! At all costs
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Who do the Mavs have to trade? Got news for you guys Roddy B. isnt the prize you think he is
  7. Corleone

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    They would obviously want a center, yes? I'd gladly give them Haywood, or even pull a sign and trade with Chandler. Roddy is still a promising player, he has yet to have a full season of playing time but I would trade him. Caron Butler's expiring contract, Jet Terry only has a year left, I believe. Draft picks, and oh yeah the deepest bench in the league to work with.

Not saying it will happen but I'm asking if Mavs fans would wanna see him here.
  8. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Chandler or Haywood to replace Howard? Ouch.

From what has been said, the Magic would only consider moving him if a young, talented big came back in return (i.e., Bynum or Lopez).

Alot of teams are going to be willing to offer up scraps for him, but Orlando has no reason to just give him away. With the new CBA coming up as well, it may be difficult for Dwight to even leave willingly. Even more, those expirings may not be worth as much as they once were either.
  9. Corleone

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Yeah the new rules and CBA stuff will be a big factor obviously. Tyson Chandler is what, 28? He's been great for us this season and would nice consolation prize if the Mavs had other things they wanted as well but who knows at this point, it's too early to talk about the actual deals.
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I bet LA would be willing to include Pau in a trade for...well anyone :laugh2:
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    It's funny. Pau was the reason they won the last two Championships.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Dallas needs to resign Tyson and get a young Point Guard.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,621 Messages
    5,529 Likes Received
    If Cuban wants him, he'll get him.
  14. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Yep, the PG is the question though. I think Tyson would want to stay in Dallas. He seems to have found a home and he really likes playing with Dirk.

Doubt it. Cuban has always had problems luring the biggest free agents. Besides, I think the Lakers is where he wants to go. Not to mention, I know the Lakers wouldn't think twice about swapping out that blackeye that is Bynum for someone like Howard.
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    After their last game I would imagine they will try to get whatever they can for him.
  16. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,823 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    not quite
  17. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Quite. Pau is what took the Lakers over the hump. He was their missing piece. Before he arrived the Lakers weren't going to be winning anything.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is literally zero chance he is in Orlando past next season. If orlando is dumb enough to think there is and doesnt trade him this offseason, he'll bolt as a FA next summer and there isnt a damn thing the Magic can do about it.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    :huh: ......??
  20. Corleone

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I think a younger PG guard is a far greater need, definitely, because Kidd is apparently going to retire so we are left with JJ and Roddy...

JJ is a great little bench guy but not a starter imo and then Roddy looked bad a as a PG in the D-League so I would rather somehow get CP3 in here, D-Will if he decides not to stay in NJ. Anyone else on the radar?

I love Tyson Chandler but Howard is better, if we decide to pass on Howard and get a PG, we must re-sign Chandler.