1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Photo: Humor: Jason Garrett's Play Calling Card

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dstovall5, Jan 9, 2014.

1. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    The dude is clearly a robot. Have a plan? I'm surprised it doesn't say Ctrl Alt Del at some point to reboot himself
    khiladi, pjtoadie and Chocolate Lab like this.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    LI [Laughing inwardly]
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,674 Messages
    5,826 Likes Received
    No reference to clapping?
  4. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    I liked Rob Ryan's sheet better. It usually had some kind of entertainment value. He ought to fill up the blank spaces with cheerleader pictures or something. And, I understand wanting to be sure you have all relevant information readily available, but why would the head coach ever need to know the replay assistant's name?
  5. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,346 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    thats what I was trying to figure out. Who cares what the zebra's names are? I guess he wants to know who to send christmas cards to.
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,804 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Rather OP was serious or not, but need some humor here and there.
  7. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Well, I can understand the game officials names, never hurts to suck up to them and call them by name, but I doubt Garrett ever sees the replay assistant or replay official.
  8. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,346 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Well he must have called them by the wrong name, when they hit him with a delay of game and a 10 second play clock at home on fourth down.

He should just stick with, "Hey Ref!!"
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    haha, I was wondering why the heck the image is upside down till I realized the playcard itself was upside down. I'm hoping the side he's supposedly reading is at least rightside up.

From the way I understand it, the "Have a Plan" is an alert thing. Meaning under 2 minutes, they studied to Eagles tendancies and as he's relaying stuff to the players, he gives them those alerts so they know what to expect. "Have a plan" may be for the players, not for himself - meaning, we know they bring pressure X% of the time under these circumstances, so have a plan for what to do if they do and if they don't, as opposed to just free styling it out there.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of Garrett but I'd like to believe he's not writing encouragement for himself on the card.
  10. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I kept picturing Garrett doing this reading your comment
    khiladi and visionary like this.
  11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,386 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    The goal line thing is wrong. It should say Jumbo package (same for any 3rd/4th and less than a yard). Heaven forbid we run from a spread formation.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,859 Messages
    2,337 Likes Received
    It is absolutely funny and spot on

Unfortunately for cowboy fans it is "boohoo funny" not "haha funny"
    khiladi likes this.
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,859 Messages
    2,337 Likes Received
    Lol funny
  14. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    You forgot to clap a lot and look confused on sidelines.
    Also for press conference mention stacking good days
  15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Many a member of this forum got plenty of wedgies in school growing up. This was hilarious
  16. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    Funny pic. Not gut-busting funny, but funny nonetheless.

'Hands Off?' should be crossed out for second down. Jason Garrett has a serious confidence impression of DeMarco Murray. In a season where offensive line play steadily improved each game, it is... bewildering how often Murray was minimized at key moments of a game.

By itself, the Green Bay game was an astonishing indictment for Garrett's lack of faith in his number one running back. I can't wait to see if the franchise acquires or drafts a comparable back to compete with Murray this offseason. That will be more than enough proof of Garrett wanting a replacement in my book.
  17. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

861 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    You of all people should know the offseason is no place for humor. Now go create 25 threads about how many super bowls we will win if Jerry finds a gm or 30 about how we will go 8-8 for all eternity.