1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I call for a switch back to the 4-3

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Nov 23, 2012.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    next year. We need ware in a full rush the passer mode and I bet we will get more turnovers in a 4-3 defense. We can get faster linebackers in the 4-3 that can cover. Look at the bears defense and the look at what the patriots did vs the jets.

Turnovers is the name of the game. We barely force any turnovers. That is why we lost we gave up 3 turnovers and only got 1.

Lets do like patriots headcoach bill did and move back to the 4-3. We run alot of 4 man rushes anyways.

I would love the 3-4 but time and time again we seem to not force any turnovers. So lets scrap it and go back to the 4-3. We won superbowls with the 4-3.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    No matter what we need better linemen. Garbage men like Spears have been hanging around for too long.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,066 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    I also prefer the 4-3. I think we have a lot pieces in place to run it full time.
  4. jblaze2004

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
  5. jblaze2004

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    me too. I think we just need one more linebacker that we could probably get in FA or in the second round of the draft.

Our first rounder should go to oline, safety, or D-line. Unless a bonifide QB is staring us in the face.

safeties: sensy (draft pick) and church (johnson/draftpick)
    corners: clay, carr,
    linebackers: bruce, Lee, FA/draftpick
    dline: ware, rat, lissy/hatcher, hatcher/crawford/draftpick/FA
  6. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,896 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    im for it, never liked our version of the 3-4
  7. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    1,272 Likes Received
    The 3-4 isn't the problem. Many Super Bowls were won with it. The Patriots and Steelers won multiple Super Bowls with it, to name just 2.

It an non-issue.
  8. jblaze2004

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    its a problem for us. We just don't get turnovers in this defense.
  9. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,564 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    We can't run it for some reason. Many teams have won SB's with it. But Dallas won 5 with the 4-3. I won't mind if the Cowboys go back.
  10. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,173 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Bu, bu, bu, but he occupies blockers.
  11. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  12. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

981 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    4-3 - Five Super Bowl wins
    3-4 - One playoff win

Math makes a suggestion, I think it's time to switch back to a base 4-3, which we're in much of the time anyway.
  13. 1Star5Rings

1Star5Rings Member

47 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yes please bring the 4-3!Too many times I see Ware and Spencer dropping back into coverage..Not where we need them, in the 4-3 they would be going to the backfield a lot more.
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    1,272 Likes Received
    There are serious problems in this team. Moving to a 4-3 should be around 62 on the priority list
  15. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Could Hatcher be a 4-3 DT? Rat would flourish in the 4-3 but what do we do with Carter?
  16. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,159 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    3-4 isn't the problem. Our lack of pro-bowl D-lineman and terrible safety play limits this defense.

The most successful 3-4s are solid all around.
  17. jblaze2004

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    carter would be beast mode as a weakside backer, heck he probably could play strong side backer too since he is sooo good vs the run and has the speed to match up with TE's.
  18. jblaze2004

8,952 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    How many years are we going to say this? the 3-4 is our problem. I don't want ware and spencer, 2 of our best pass rushers having to drop into coverage. It seems pretty had to find elite 3-4 dlineman. We have been looking for how long?
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,066 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    When we drafted him, people doubted whether he would even fit in a 3-4. He'd be great outside.
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,775 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    I agree. I just think good DL who can excel in the 3-4 are becoming more rare, as are good safeties in general.