1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I do not understand the pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Apr 29, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I do not understand round 3 pick of a RB. I know Barber is gone but we still have Felix and Choice. The part I don't understand the most is Bailey is on the board still and so is Rackley.
  2. punit328

punit328 Active Member

699 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I agree with you. Welcome to the world of Jerry Jones
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Choice's days are likely not long in Dallas I'm guessing. You could say, "why don't we just take a RB next year," but it could be that Dallas really liked Murray that much.

Murray's ability as a 3rd down back, KR/PR and receiver is invaluable. Skip Peete was also on with Spagnola and he was raving about how Murray is a good and willing pass blocker. Peete also mentioned Murray's ability to legitimately line up outside as a receiver and run receiver routes. Felix is an underated receiver as a running back, but he ain't doing that.
  4. supercowboy8

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    taking a RB isn't the big problem, its the type of RB and we still need a 3-4 DE and OG. If we still have koiser and davis how much is another RB going to help.
    I just wanted Rackley, thats the main deal.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    We have no needs, baby. All luxury picks.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Nothing against Murray as I feel he is a good running back, but who's gonna block for him?

Who's playing guard for this team?

Who is this team's future center?

I think there are bigger issues for this team than getting another running back.

And if you're using a 3rd rounder, what does that say about the 1st rounder you used on Felix Jones?
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    i guess we are drafting bpa. This is how u draft you do not draft for needs or you get burned...lol
    We drafted 3 would be first rounders, well 2 would be and 1 first rounder.:laugh2:
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I'm with you.

Rackley helps this current team more than running back #2, or worse yet #3.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kosier ain't the problem IMO. Davis is.

They could still be looking to address it in the draft. There is no guarantee that Rackley steps in this season and takes over one of those spots, so the point is kinda of moot.

Also, you have to remember, Dallas brought in Rackley and checked him out. They know about him, so it's pretty obvious they weren't too impressed with him, at least at that spot.
  10. supercowboy8

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    yep, you win in the trenches but Jerry keeps forgetting that and we still need a OG(maybe Cannon in the 4th) and a DE ?
  11. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Such a bizarre concept. There's no such thing as a "would be" first rounder. If the player fell, there's a reason.
  12. Dal_Hawk

Dal_Hawk New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well if its an issue of resigning Choice it may not be so bad. Plus Felix Jones contract is up in 2013. This does put pressure on him to develop.
  13. supercowboy8

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I agree but Koiser is a FA and will be 33 this season. We need his replacement and right now we don't have that. Racley would have been the perfect replacement. Rackley is better value for this team than a RB.
  14. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :starspin I agree. Taking a RB isn't all that bad of an idea with Barber's upcoming departure, but we need someone to open the holes for whichever RB has the ball. I can't help but feel that we could have taken Murray with our next pick, and we could/should have taken an OL instead to open some holes.
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    What is crazy is he Texans are one of the worst drafting teams out there and with Wade allowed to make some picks they get Watt, Brooks, and then move up for Brandon Harris...all need and all guys who could have been 1st rounders. So i don't know how it will work but it is makes more sense than what I'm seeing with us. I just feel like we are sitting still and taking random players. I don't get RB.
  16. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    i think we will draft one more running back before this draft is over...lol...prolly in the 6th or 7th. a power back maybe.
  17. supercowboy8

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    it seems like Jerry has to draft a RB and LB in ever draft. I'm sure a TE is going to happen soon.

Well ellis is now gone.
  18. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

474 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    This is M bennet v 2.0
  19. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The front office has preach said signing Kosier is a priority.
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, it couldn't be that Jason Garrett lobbied for Murray as a back who could come in and contribute right away on 3rd downs...