1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I don't think the NFC East has been this bad since 1999.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Red Dragon, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,899 Likes Received
    People said that during the 2011 season and NY Giants won the SB. I admit east is hard to figure out but given how many titles have come out of the east I don't think it is a push over division.
  2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    There is no reason we should not run away with this division.
  3. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,869 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Way too early for judgments. I think the giants will improve. Ditto the skins. But if we can win 10 and I think we will we should take it
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Giants have a win coming up this weekend against the Panthers. The stinks will have a harder time with the Lions, but that one is winnable for them as well. We need to beat the Rams.
  5. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,841 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Huh? The NFC East is 0-5 out of division and 0-4 out of conference.

At this rate, the division winner will be no better than 6-10, and 4-12 may be good enough.
  6. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

497 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    The NFC East is pretty weak, but I still think one of these teams turns it around and wins it at 10-6 at 9-7. Just hoping it's us. Between the other 3 teams, I'm thinking the Giants are the most likely candidates.

As bad as the division has looked so far, I think there's too much talent on offense for everyone to go 8-8 or worse.
  7. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    oh dear lords, who threw this out. come on dallas and giants started teh season and anyone who knows those games and yes some cowboy fans dont even get it, those two teams beat the crap out of each other and play on different levels for those games. Than dallas loses to a mildly good KC team and the GIants lose to a good Broncos team, and the eagles are having problems and the Skins made a bad call and all of a sudden this divison is weak. Wow.

You put another half decent team against the giants game 1 and they problably win and Skins start Kirk Cousins and maybe get something rolling and this division is looking better already.

Look at the evidence first and give it a look see. Giants never play to win in sept and the Skins made a bad call and the eagles are just a bad call. Give it a break and lets see what week 3 brings. Cept the eagles. if Shanahan gets it going and the GIants turn it around, things are better in a hurry.
  8. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Too early to tell yet. Philly looked good offensively and defensively last night. Just got beat because of turnovers. If Griffin gets right, Washington will be strong. Based on past performances, you can't count the Giants out yet. Again, way, way too early.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It was worse in 1999. The only team over .500 was a Washington Redskins team coached by Norv who's best receiver was Larry Centers.
  10. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Everyone though that the Giants wouldn't make any noise in the playoffs prior to their last two super bowl runs. It is a long season. A lot changes over time. Most people would have counted out the Ravens last year too.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    16 game season.

I think I'd prefer to let it play out a little more than just 2 games.
  12. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Is it possible to not have any teams from the NFCE go to the playoffs or do all divisional winners get in automatically. That is the only way I see a team from this division getting into the playoffs this year.
  13. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    The East was good 1999. The skins were a bungled FG snap away from the championship game. The Cowboys had a 11-5 team that underachieved because the QB was washed up.

1997 and 98 were the weak years. The cowboys won it 98 with a 6-0 record with in the division and a 2-6 record outside of it. The year before, the giants won the division with a 9-6-1 record.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    those just satisfied with getting to the playoffs are losers. All that really matters are rings.

and making the playoffs does not indicate how much talent a team actually has. The Giants when they won had a lot and so did the ravens. The key is having the talent and they get it going at the right time. If you do not have the talent, does not matter because in the end you will go down.

Last year with the state of our D and O line we would have gotten splattered by about 9 of the other playoff teams.
  15. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    What's the worst possible winning division record? 3-13? That's what it will be :D
  16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,999 Messages
    1,754 Likes Received
    Serious question? :confused:

If it is, then the answer is no :)
  17. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Yes its serious, I remember Seattle going 7-9 a few years ago and still getting in but don't remember if they won the division that year, otherwise that would have answered the question. Thanks
  18. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,852 Messages
    586 Likes Received

Every division champion not only makes the playoffs, but gets a home playoff game.

Even the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks won a division title two seasons ago and hosted a playoff game.
  19. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    I think we haven't played the vast majority of week 3 games.
  20. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    i think to many people just listen to other people who spout whatever and next thing you know there they go spouting the same inane words. this division hasnt been this terrible since yesterday. its been a horrible run.