1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I feel bad for Vick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joshmil53, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    The head trainer said Friday that Vick was still "foggy" and plagued by headaches. According to a report by Fox's Laura Omkin before Sunday's game, Burkholder said those headaches have subsided but that Vick has been troubled by other effects of the concussion.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...-cant-drive-car/1712355/?morestories=obinsite

He really needs to retire, him and Cutler both are just getting too many concussions too fast.
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Vick is not going to get any sympathy from this board.

Wait...I understand. Here is me feeling sorry for MV.

[IMG]
  3. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    At this point, additional injuries are affecting his long-term health. He really should retire after this season, but considering how unlikely any team would want him for a starter in 2013, he may be able to sign on somewhere as a backup.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,153 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    I understand the personal feelings for Mr Vick however the topic is Vick and his concussions related to football. If you wish to discuss his prior history away from football then I suggest you start a thread in the OT zone.
  5. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    He was about to be out of the league anyway, so not that big of a deal.
  6. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    This report was a week ago, Mike Vick is now on phase 4 out of 5 for the concussion protocol. He has no remaining symptoms and can possibly be back next week if he does well with contact.
  7. RoyWilliams

RoyWilliams Member

83 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A couple years ago I was all about the kill shots and big hits. Knowing the effects has really made me think. Playing and watching football has given me many of my fondest memories. The head injuries just sucks the fun out of the game. I hope they figure something out to limit these injuries. Sometimes I honestly wonder if I'll allow my only son to play this game I've loved my entire life.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    I think he should retire and have nothing to do with football (that includes calling games, working on ESPN or NFLN or any other pregame shows). In essence He needs to retire, spend time with his family and keep out of the spotlight...or at least stay quiet enough that the wife and I never hear his name on TV again.
  9. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hear! Hear! Good sir! Couldn't have said it better myself! Living down the road from where he grew up, I have heard my share of how "great" Vick is and it makes me want to throw up. Get him out of the league.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,862 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    co sign that
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    The only way you can change the injuries is to hope guys get smaller and slower. Since that's not going to happen any time soon, the injuries aren't going anywhere.

The known risk of playing football, or a lot of sports for that matter, is what makes them great. Sacrificing your body to accomplish something is a feat reserved almost entirely to sport. If you take that away completely, like the NFL wants to do, waters down the game as a whole and defeats the purpose of football anyways.

I think it was Irivin who said it best when he talked about going over the middle to catch slants. His statement was something along the lines of "of course you're scared to go over the middle and get hit, but it's either go get the football, or go back to the ghetto." That's poweful stuff man.
  12. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Accorrding to my local philly station, Vick will be playing next week against the cowboys
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,673 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    Other than the Dog Incident(We all have done horrible crap in our lives, if not you were a sheltered little boy) he has been a great guy.

I don't wish this on anybody, maybe except a guy like Brandon Jacobs. I hope Vick comes back strong from this.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

It was stated on NBC10 in philly last night Vick is playing next week
  15. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,920 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    Hope we knock him out again!
  16. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,576 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Really? C'mon man. Sales tactic to replace an overrated Reid endorsed QB. Period. Save-face tactic if there was one.
  17. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    What goes around, comes around.
  18. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    The animal stuff was just aweful but the man paid his time in prison and there is no way IMO he does anything of that nature again.
    Its hard to argue his is an incredible talent. His speed and arm strength are both among the best to have played his position. The Eagles line is terrible just like in Dallas. I think if he were given the right situation he could become a true threat.
  19. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Hopefully he comes back and gets hit again.

I hope his brain gets so rattled that he becomes a vegetable for the rest of his life.

But, he'll probably just retire and enjoy the millions he got coming out of prison.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,153 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    Vick, concussions, football and high speed impacts, yada is the topic not animals. No more general warnings.