1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I feel bad for Vick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joshmil53, Nov 24, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,875 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Being a good QB is more than just having great speed and tremendous arm strength. Those two specific traits are probably the least important aspects of being a great QB. He is lacking in many other areas and that is why he isn't a true threat. He is at best an average QB and putting him the right situation isn't going to change that. True greatness shows no through matter what situation a QB is in. Putting Vick on a better team isn't going to change his inaccuracy, his lack of touch, his inability to make good pre-snap reads, his poor decision making and several other things he doesn't do that well.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    This is good news, hope he avoids getting injured again.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Yeah, it is. Maybe Ratliff can take him out for good next time.
  4. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Don't feel sorry for him. He is living life with money he thought he wouldn't see again.

He hasn't improved his flaws as a qb imo to feel sorry for him.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    He should try electroshock treatment for his headaches.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    No offense to some of you, but Frozen who posted in this thread is a 17 year old kid and its pretty sad to see that he has a better grasp on life than most of you other people posting in this thread.

Talking about wishing a guy more harm and even going so far as to say you hope he gets hit so hard again that he becomes a vegetable on life support is disgusting and embarassing for you as human beings.

Some of you sit back in your little computer chairs behind the screen and have no idea what others go through in their life and make comments accordingly. I'll admit there are also times when i've made comments i regret but wishing another human being this kind of harm is not one of those things.

Vick did his time for his problems.. and he's done everything right and busted his *** for that team since he's been back in football. Its not his fault he has to wear a freakin kevlar vest and run for his life every play becaue their line is such an embarassment. If he does come back and play the rest of this year i just hope he doesn't get killed back there.

Seriously though, for some of you.. less is more.
  7. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,272 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Blah, blah, blah.

So, you can do horrible acts, but as long as you 'pay' your time all is forgiven?

Bull.

Yes. I hope he becomes a vegetable. I really, really hope so.
  8. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,905 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    I could care less about Michael Vick. I hope he gets knocked out again.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Im sure you've never done anything bad in your life.. because we're all saints in our little armchairs in front of our computer screens. The man is a stranger to you, yet you wish the most horrible of things to him?

I won't wish anything bad on you, sir.. but karma will be paying a visit to your residence.. no doubt.

;)
  10. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Pretty sure most of us didn't maim, torture, and electrocute hundreds of dogs for fun and profit.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He wasn't taking your family beagles and fighting them for fun and profit.. they were pitbulls. Dogs bred for aggression and fighting.

How many did he torture? Wasn't he a part of a dog fighting ring? It wasn't Vick in his basement fighting dogs against each other for his own personal enjoyment.

How is it any different than hunting? Im sure no one here would ever do such a thing like shooting defenseless animals for sport though..
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    ..and before all the hunters come in with the "da animals don't suffer in hunting" bs.. spare us all that silly argument.

Its much more humane to smile and pose for a picture with a bloody carcass than to fight and torture pitbulls right? Because animals arn't suffering after being shot, right?

:rolleyes:
  13. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Yep, just like hunting. And if you read this, he was putting ordinary 'family dogs' into fights with the pit bulls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3718304

Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick placed family pet dogs into a ring and his trained pit bulls "caused major injuries" to the pets at Bad Newz Kennels, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report released on Friday.

The 17-page report, prepared by the USDA's inspector general-investigations division, provided some new details on Vick's participation in Bad Newz Kennels, the dogfighting operation financed by Vick and formed along with his friends Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."