1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I hate the Stealers

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by rockj7, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

808 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    I'm doing homework at 5am here in California and I just wanted to type that and get it off my chest. I don't know if I am jealous of the organization or the calls they always get or maybe both. In the words of FOREST GUMP "and that's all I got to say about that"!!!!!!!!!
  2. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

511 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I hate them but respect them. It sours my stomach to see them compete for a Super Bowl in our stadium but in all honesty, they are a terrific organization.
  3. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,936 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I hate the steelers too, even though when I was younger, I used to root for the steelers and cowboys to always make the super bowl, then when i got my wish, the steelers won, been hating them ever since.
  4. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    there been a thousand threads like this already . no matter who got in someone would have started a thread about why they hate "insert team here". get over it guys.
  5. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just as sick and disgusted as the rest of you. In our own new stadium, Steelers are going for their 7th SB win. Certainly never thought to see that happen when it was built. Thought it would be us--just a dream and I'm slowly reluctantly wondering or accepting that we will not win another SB victory for many years--while Jerry insists on remaining GM.

While the Cowboys have done nothing for the last 15 years, the Steelers have won 2 SB & going for their 3rd win--disgusting. How I hate them but do respect them. Wish Jerry followed the Steeler organization as a role model instead of Al Davis. Wonder when Jerry will start looking like Davis.

Media already comparing us and the Steelers. Showing how many wins, appearances, etc. It will get much worse before the actual game starts. Bet Jerry never watches any media coverage of what's happening. Can only imagine what Steelers fans will be saying about the Cowboys & how we've won 5 rings while they've got 7.

I also like the way the Steelers get their players--thru the draft. They have to do it that way cause they a small market team who doesn't have the access to money that big markets do. Yet they continue to win, and win and win. Rarely do they go into FA.

We have the 9th pick in the draft and should be able add numerous quality players who can help immediately. They's got a great GM & obviously some talent in their scouting department. Because of our poor drafting, or maybe poor coaching over the years, we can realistically only hope for maybe 2 starters--so depressing.

Got nothing else to say. Well, one more thing. We all believe the Cowboys remain America's team--mainly because of the TV ratings whenever our team is on TV along with the sales of Cowboy sweaters, etc. But how long will that continue? When will America's football fans start seeing the Steelers are the real America's team? And the Steelers are loaded with no indication they plan to stop winning SBs any time soon.
  6. CowboysFaninBaltimore

CowboysFaninBaltimore New Member

860 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Well....when we hire a REAL GM, and bring in raw talent via the draft. We aren't to far off. But however nothing lasts forever with the Steelers. Didn't they have a dark ages as well in the 80's and early 90's? Look their dynasty will come crashing down, and they will be exposed by someone in the near future. Trust I ****ing hate that team with a passion. I hate their obnoxious fanbase even more. Especially the ones in Maryland who are my age, and never have been to Pittsburgh. They claim to have relatives there but where is the proof? They are invading our turf, and Redskins, Eagles, and Giants fans are loving it probably...
  7. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    That’s what it is. We are jealous. Plain and simple. Cowboys sell merchandise. Steelers win Super Bowls. Fact of the matter is the Steelers are a great organization. They are built the way i wish my Cowboys were. And now they are playing in our backyard. I can’t think how repulsive this is. What a nightmare, lol.
  8. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

808 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    What makes me a little sick as well is I really dont want too root for the Packers, It's like rooting for Satan or the Anti ****** it's going to be hell either way
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,409 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Same here. No fan of Pitt but I do have respect for that organization. Having said that Go Pack Go! :laugh2:
  10. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

808 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Sad part is we will never be able to win a Superbowl in Pitt.
  11. CowboysFaninBaltimore

CowboysFaninBaltimore New Member

860 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yankees, Steelers, and Celtics fans are spoiled rotten. Their GM's do great things for their teams, and my teams GM's? Yeah they all make you believe that your team is going to compete. When in reality they have a sub .500 season.
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I 2nd this post!
  13. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I live here and I hate them, but they have a great organization. They've had 3 losing seasons in this era of free agency and the salary cap, 8 afc championship appearances, and now are going for their 3rd world title during that time. I can't stand them, and never will like them, but do respect the way they build their team and the style of football they play.
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I hope the Stealers plane crashes on it's way to Dallas.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I hate the Stealers more then Snooki.lol
  16. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,408 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

427 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    There is always a silver lining....When the endzone in Jerry World is emblazened with "STEELERS", and Jerry has to sit in his "house" and watch tens of thousands of "terrible towels" being waved by Steeler fans...then look across and see the colors of the other storied franchise - PACKERS - in his "house", maybe he will wonder a little bit why they are still going to SuperBowls while our historic franchise hasnt sniffed one in 16 years......or maybe he will just have another drink.
  18. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    but they have to live in Pittsburgh and I don't

what makes me sick is that in the 70s they were all juiced and nobody cared and now they are lead by a Raper and LB who beats women and nobody cares--not like they hounded the Boys in the 90s for every indiscretion
  19. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,328 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I go beyond hatred its a word that is indescribable. I guess it has something to do when I was a kid I was scarred, going to SBIIIV and having to sit thorough that nightmare it still bothers me I cant believe the steelers have been to 3 SB in 6 years

This question is still bothering me is the franchise better then ours I know its hard to answer that since were all cowboy fans and I cannot be objective but here is the stats in the last 16 years..

Cowboys W-134 L-118 SB appearances 1 Wins 1
    Steelers W-160 L-95 SB # 3 Wins 2 or 3 ?

I didn't want to do overall record History because I was to irate looking them up as it is but here is the last 16 years. It doesn't seem that bad, but if you do the breakdown lets say last 10 years it get ugly. X marks playoff appearances. we went 8 times they went 10 I didn't do wins. On the bright side its a new decade 2011 we have 9 years to catch up to them ....lets hope Green bay wins because our 8 appearances have netted 5 wins while there 7-6 thats ridiculous, 6 - 8 looks all that better !

Cowboys Steelers

1995 12-4 x 11-5 x
    1996 10-6 x 10-6 x
    1997 6-10 11-5 x
    1998 10-6 x 7-9
    1999 8-8 x 6-10
    2000 5-11 9-7
    2001 5-11 13-3 x
    2002 5-11 10-5 x
    2003 10-6 X 6-10
    2004 6-10 15- 1 x
    2005 9-7 11-5 x