1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I just want one thing the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Biggems, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I want us to use our no huddle hurry up offense from start to finish. We do this huddle up thing all first half and we look like a big steaming pile of elephant dung. We get a sense of urgency in the 2nd half, and all of a sudden we can move the ball and score points.

We are now in desperation mode. Bring in the no huddle hurry up from the get go and try to get some energy back into this team.

Also, we have good man to man corners, so why do we keep playing zone, which seems to be a weakness of this unit. I wish we would limit our zone play, since we seem to get abused when we go to it.
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Romo better have health insurance.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    I want to see them team come out throwing the hell out of the ball also but you can't run no-huddle every drive. The offense would be gassed after a half.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,807 Messages
    2,635 Likes Received
    My one thing is no serious injuries to Romo or Witten.

Or anyone else, really. But especially those two older guys who are taking a lot of punishment out there.
  5. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    Actually, the opponent's defense would be gassed.
  6. SDCowboy85

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    I guess we'll never really know because Garrett will never run it outside of hurry up situations.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This has been my theory for over a month now. Gas the Defense and make them have heavy legs in the third and fourth QTR to help out our Struggling O-Line. Then we should be able to pound the ball.
  8. SDCowboy85

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    We'd have to hope that happens because if we go non-stop no huddle, Romo would probably have 100+ pass attempts by the 4rd quarter and the running game would have to take over.
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Patriots run no huddle frequently. They did it in the second series last night.

But then again, they are properly coached.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,305 Messages
    3,613 Likes Received
    I'd like to see us get some of the backup players more playing time.
  11. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,401 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I checked the Patriots' roster. Four wide receivers, two were 5' 9" while the others were 6'. Different model.
  12. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I just want us to beat the Steelers. It's sad that this is what this season has come down to. But if we beat the Steelers then I will consider it a good year.
  13. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd like to see us lose out in embarrassing fashion so red ****** can leave. "I thought we fought hard in the 2nd half"....SHUT UP!!!
  14. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I know this sounds like a cop out but a loud stadium could help us immensely. We defer, force a three and out, place is rocking, we drive down the field quickly, score. Momentum shift. Not once this season have we done this at home,
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    well you dont necessarily have to run the hurry up.....just run the no huddle and on each offensive series for most of it, do not substitute. run the play, convert, get to the line, run the play, convert.....and so on. This will gas the defense early, by not allowing substitutions.

Utilize quick slants, posts, and crossing routes that chew up 5-15 yds per play, unless we break one and get some nice YAC, even a TD. Spread it out, with 3 wide, Witten, and a RB.
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,525 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Can we just go ahead and call it the "No Garrett" offense?
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,525 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    It's hard to play man to man vs a QB like RG3. They could call a play running the WR's deep, and if he decided to run he'd have to beat 1 LB and he'd be 40 yards downfield before anyone even knew it.

You either have to call zone, or go blitz heavy and hope we get to him. Personally, I would go blitz heavy. Cuz even if he burns us, we'll still beat his arse up a bit and maybe force some Turnovers. What's the worst that could happen, we end up busting on a play or two and people go uncovered for a long TD? Oh wait, that happened anyway.
  18. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,251 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Somebody break a record or something, please?

Ware goes on a "tare" and breaks sack record? :)
    lol

ala. Jeter 3000k hits or Mariano 602 saves.

I need something
  19. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I'd love to see more of the no huddle, that's when the offense really gets going. Why Garrett hasn't let Romo loose more often, I have no idea. It just shows that Garrett has no idea what he's doing.
  20. SDCowboy85

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Romo will become the franchises all time TD leader next sunday. He's tied now so there's your record.