I lost my fantasy matchup by 1 point!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by BigD16, Dec 19, 2016.

1. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

788 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    I led the league with the best record (10-3) and most points scored. I had two players fumble (-2 points each). Has anybody ever had a similar experience in the playoffs? This is a first for me in many years of playing fantasy football. Other team had perfect scenario with scrub players. I'm trying so hard not to dwell on it :( *sigh*

2. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    2,815 Likes Received
    More times than I can count.

This year it's gone the other way. I had a must-win game to reach the playoffs a couple weeks ago and won by 0.34 points (I was sure I would lose but the Colts finally benched Luck and Gore during their Monday night blowout of the Jets). And in the playoffs of another league this week, my opponent benched Brandin Cooks, handing me the win.

Fantasy football is a fickle mistress.

darthseinfeld and BigD16 like this.
  3. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

788 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    Well I'm glad it at least worked out for somebody. I'm not even as upset about losing because of the money as much as the trash talk. I am beyond annoyed. I'm praying to the football Gods for some stat corrections.

4. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

4,826 Messages
    2,274 Likes Received
    Hopefully stat correction is on your side.

I've seen almost every scenario. Teams barely squeaking into the playoffs and winning the whole thing. #1 and #2 seeded teams laying eggs.

Receivers were a let down this year.

Doomsday and BigD16 like this.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

12,260 Messages
    2,247 Likes Received
    Last year in our league, in the first round of the playoffs, one of the guys lost by .45 points.

That was until a stat correction came out on Wed and gave one of his players an extra tackle, so he won by .55 points.

Talk about dirty!

6. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

4,541 Messages
    3,292 Likes Received
    Nothing worse than losing by one point or less like I did in a league last week. Stinks.

BigD16 likes this.
  7. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member

841 Messages
    154 Likes Received

I lost by .05. I was up and he had Greg Olsen left, I had nothing. I didn't watch any of the game on purpose because why torture myself and told myself I had already lost yesterday. It soften the blow when I checked after game was over.

Hang in there. It happens.

BigD16 likes this.
  8. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,329 Messages
    5,895 Likes Received
    We had a guy last year throw a hissy because he missed the playoffs on a stat correction. Was so butt hurt he refused to do the league the next year.

Never never count on a win if you were up by 3 points or less after the games. Always wait until its official to pop the cork

Silver N Blue and Doomsday like this.
  9. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,445 Messages
    11,523 Likes Received
    I was ahead last night by a single point and had DEN as my Defense......a couple members suggested I sit DEN but I don't play scared and I would hate to lose to a point correction....Defenses in my league can lose points after 28, 35 and 46 points....-1,-3, -5

It was very close as DEN of all teams gave up 33 pts but they got 1 INT for 2 pts and I won the league by 2(until all stats come in)

10. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,329 Messages
    5,895 Likes Received
    I hate sitting players to be safe. Just doesnt sit right with me

11. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,445 Messages
    11,523 Likes Received
    I agree.........Defenses are the only ones that can lose points in that league but it just isn't honorable to sit them out..... my opponent used his D because they played on SAT so it only fair to play my D SUN night......next year I am proposing a rule that all teams MUST play a full line-up

12. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,359 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I have a 34 point lead going into tonight.

The guy I'm playing against has Zeke and Bailey.

I could be beat by my Cowboys in a meaningless game.